Thread: Panic attacks

Panic attacks

Hi , I’ve posted a while back about how I have anxiety / panic attacks . I’m on medication but it doesn’t seem to worse . Lately I’ve gotten it into my head that I’ve ms over tingling / numbness and pain . And the more I’ve thought about it the last few days the more symptoms I’ve gotten and got worse . It feels like for a split second I can’t move my arm or leg and now it’s starting to affect my head where it feels like my head is stiff and I can’t move it or lift it up . It got so had a while ago I ended up having a panic attack . My whole body was trembling I’ve never experienced this during a panic attack . I’m only 24 and have a little girl but I feel like my life is taken over by anxiety and panic 😔😔😔.. these feelings lately of numbness and pain make me think there’s something seriously wrong

Re: Panic attacks

the flight or flight response causes a high rise of adrenaline which explains the tingling sensations and if you are worrying about specific parts of your body, your mind can trick you in to feeling odd sensations in which you become hypersensitive about changes and movement etc, a while ago when my anxiety was bad, i would take control of subconscious movements and think and obsesss about not being able to move, obviously was my anxiety playing tricks on me as the symptoms went after a few weeks when i found something else to be anxious about. have you tried CBT that helped me for a while. ATB

If thinking about MS is making it worse, then you need to start practising not thinking about it, right?

It's common for people with anxiety to focus on symptoms and start to believe something more sinister is going on, but once you start going down that road it becomes more and more difficult to come back.

I would imagine you're using Google to self diagnose too, which is an absolute no no. You must never do that.

Next time you start worrying about MS, just focus on your little girl or another distraction and tell yourself (out loud if necessary) this is just anxiety.

Anxiety can cause virtually any symptom of any disease.

Lol

Word

Thread Information