Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tender spot on right breast

Re: Tender spot on right breast

Hey everyone,

I didn’t want to make a new thread but something new has popped up. Before getting my period two weeks ago I started getting some breast pain in a specific area of my breast. It wasn’t like regular pms pain. Anyway I ignored it and it went away when my period came. A few days ago I noticed that it came back. I pressed around the area and found a tiny soft lump that is mobile. However the lump is quite tender and that is where the pain is coming from. Now Im So worried! The lump is quite small.

I feel like running to the docs but since it’s an actual lump I’m so afraid of bad news or testing. Testing means more waiting. I can’t deal with that. Do you think it’s ok to leave it alone til my next menstrual period and see if it goes away? Or would that be very stupid of me?

Same side/area or different to the one that was checked in July/August at the start of this thread ? A painful, tiny, soft mobile thing, with pain that went away around your period .....but subsequently came back. Firstly, how could this be anything sinister ? The pain went away and came back. I suspect strongly, that you've been checking it so much that you've inflammed a normal duct or lymph node. Yes, of course its ok to leave it ENTIRELY alone until your next period ANyway, you've said that you don't want to go to the doctor anyway because you don't want tests and checks.

Yes, same one that was ultrasounded in August. However that pain was definitely my ribs because I still have it and now it’s obvious that it is my ribs and not breasts. I can life the breasts over that pain if it makes sense.. so you think I can leave this lump alone?

Well, my question is - is it new and different from your normal ?

If you are doing checks no more than a once a month it should be obvious if something has just sprung up and wasn't there before - by the way that doesn't mean sinister if something has sprung up ! At your age the chances would be massively on your side that it was one of a number of benign things, the fact that the pain has come and gone would indicate that there is no reason to panic at all. The description you gave of a 'painful tiny soft mobile thing' doesn't ring alarm bells either really does it - as soft and mobile aren't the usual characteristics of anything sinister. How tiny is tiny ?

You already have anxiety about breasts, so it is possible you are being hyper aware of a normal part of your anatomy ? The ultrasound in August (whole breast ?) showed nothing untoward, its only a matter of weeks later....so anything concerning would have been seen in August. If it were me I would monitor it over a few months, unless it becomes larger and much more painful or other issues appear - in which case then go get checked.

How did this turn out? I am having the same problem- sharp pain when pressed, along with swelling in my underarm. Being sent for an ultrasound in a couple days and very anxious. The waiting is the worst.

Nothing really. I don’t check anymore. It’s still there if I press in a certain angle but I think it’s my rib? I don’t know lol. I still worry from time to time. I hope your ultrasound goes well. Keep us updated

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information