Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Hi all. I am a confirmed IBS sufferer for over 20 years. However about a year ago my symptoms carried on longer than they had done so before. The symptoms didn’t change. But it dragged on for a year The dr said it was stress related to moving house and job. She sent me for full blood count. Celiac test and FOB test. All negative I was referred to a gastroenterologist anyway as I had intermittent bleeding. Which she attributed to my three haemerroids but did the right thing and referred me. I finally saw someone a month ago 18 months from the start of my flare up and by this time my symptoms had significantly reduced and he was happy with me. However he did one final test just to check for inflammation and he did the Calprotectin test which came back at 147. So he has booked me for a colonoscopy in 6 weeks. It’s such a long time away and my anxiety is steadily climbing. I keep telling myself that if it was anything sinister my symptoms would not have reduced. Or that my appointment would not be 6 weeks away. I now have to get through the whole of the summer holidays with this hanging over me.

Re: Colonoscopy

You are exactly right they would not make you wait 6 weeks when I waited that long for mine they said it's just routine because everything else is ok it's just so they can say they have done everything ' I understand the anxiety waiting because it is a long time to wait I waited 6 weeks as well and I rung them twice to cancel it because I was in such a state with worry but they were really good on the phone they put my mind at rest I spoke to one of the nurses that goes in with you when you have it done and she said they can't be worried at all or they would of wanted it done quicker so try not to worry I'm sure you will be fine .

I know what your fear is and I can assure you as a survivor, if they thought something was amiss, you wouldn't be waiting 6 weeks.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for your replies. I’m just going to have to try and put it out if my mind. I have lots planned and family visiting so I hope it can take my mind off things. I should have said that they did find me slightly aneamic. Which I have been for a few years.

Yes try and get on with things I let it ruin my life for 6 weeks while I was waiting wish I had known then what I know now ' you will be ok .

Quote Originally Posted by jackieann3 View Post
    Yes try and get on with things I let it ruin my life for 6 weeks while I was waiting wish I had known then what I know now ' you will be ok .
    Thank you.

Colonoscopy prep

Hi can ask what kind of foods did you eat in the run up to a Colonoscopy

Re: Colonoscopy prep

My mum had to have light coloured foods, potato, rice, pasta etc.

Your best bet however would be to call the receptionist of the department that’s doing yours and ask any questions you have. You should also have a letter stating the procedure for the prep, on there it gives the information of the foods you’re allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: Colonoscopy prep

I ate as normal until 2 days before - they tell you what you can/can't eat on the info sheet they send you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information