Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colonoscopy

Re: Colonoscopy prep

I think it's best to wait for the info/or call if they don't tell you what you can/can't eat. My Dad had a few colonoscopy in the past and there's been a few different sets of eating plans!

They should give you a list of what you can eat for 2 days and then nothing on the day before the colonoscopy,it's basically just a fibre free diet and light coloured food for the first 2 two days.

Colonoscopy result

Hi had my colonoscopy yesterday because of mild anemia and slightly raised calprotectin. Everything looks normal. Dr said all looked good but took some biopsies to look for anything microscopic and he said he took them just because of the slightly raised calprotectin and not because anything looked dodgy. What does microscopic mean. Could it still be malignant.

Re: Colonoscopy result

I think he was maybe referring to microscopic colitis?

Yeah that’s what I thought too. Thank you.

Hi Jules can I ask what other symptoms you had?

I think taking biopsies is normal actually. I’ve always had them taken during any endoscopy...
    i think they are mainly looking for interesting bacteria and inflammation...

Hi Lady123. I have mild aneamia. Calprotectin level 147. Various bowel problems such as diarrhoea after eating. Stomach bloating. Cramps. Some rectal bleeding which they diagnosed as piles.

Thank you Jo. That’s what I think they might have said regarding inflammation. She so no obvious inflammation but will check for microscopic inflammation. It’s a bit hazy as I had a sedative.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Colonoscopy

Hi, as said about biopsies being taken is normal. They took 6 from me and all were normal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information