Hi all. I am a confirmed IBS sufferer for over 20 years. However about a year ago my symptoms carried on longer than they had done so before. The symptoms didn’t change. But it dragged on for a year The dr said it was stress related to moving house and job. She sent me for full blood count. Celiac test and FOB test. All negative I was referred to a gastroenterologist anyway as I had intermittent bleeding. Which she attributed to my three haemerroids but did the right thing and referred me. I finally saw someone a month ago 18 months from the start of my flare up and by this time my symptoms had significantly reduced and he was happy with me. However he did one final test just to check for inflammation and he did the Calprotectin test which came back at 147. So he has booked me for a colonoscopy in 6 weeks. It’s such a long time away and my anxiety is steadily climbing. I keep telling myself that if it was anything sinister my symptoms would not have reduced. Or that my appointment would not be 6 weeks away. I now have to get through the whole of the summer holidays with this hanging over me.