Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Can’t stop worrying about MND

Re: Tremors when waking up ?

They're called myoclonic jerks and they're very common when drifting off to sleep, waking up from sleep, or being suddenly awoken. It's actually not anxiety. It's normal.

If you do a search, there are many posts about this here on NMP.

Here's an article you can check out:
    https://www.healthline.com/health/hy...-jerk#symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    They're called myoclonic jerks and they're very common when drifting off to sleep, waking up from sleep, or being suddenly awoken. It's actually not anxiety. It's normal.

If you do a search, there are many posts about this here on NMP.

Here's an article you can check out:
    https://www.healthline.com/health/hy...-jerk#symptoms
    I don't think that's what the OP is talking about here, but it is very common and nothing to worry about as you say.

I used to wake up with a core tremor like I was sitting on a vibration plate, but I could also have these kind of jerks too. They were different things that happened at separate times.

Yeah, I’ve had them so bad I’ve thought we were having an earthquake just to realize it was only me lol

Omg I get these too especially if someone wakes me suddenly. They last so long and I feel really shaky and horrible. I'm not sure what they are but I've had them on and off for over 20 years.

Yes, I get this! Like someone wisely said above, it’s to do with higher levels of cortisol in the morning. It’s annoying, but it’s just a symptom of anxiety. Get up and get it out of your system.
    Take care 😊

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! It’s comforting to know I’m not alone in experiencing this. I felt like my GP looked at me as if I was mad when I first mentioned it lol

It’s still happening but it’s been over a year now so I guess it’s just my old pal anxiety again! Now if I could only believe my twitches were the same I might be on a good path

I hope you are all well and safe

Re lying down and tremors/panic I get this really bad at night I think it’s because I am super keyed up during the day so when I come to relax I am not used to it. So I try to do relaxation in bed to get my body adjusted to the tradition of sleep. It seems to work it did last night. So just a idea I thought I’d share xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Re lying down and tremors/panic I get this really bad at night I think it’s because I am super keyed up during the day so when I come to relax I am not used to it. So I try to do relaxation in bed to get my body adjusted to the tradition of sleep. It seems to work it did last night. So just a idea I thought I’d share xx

I totally know what you mean Phoenixess mines sometimes come on when I’m lying in bed i think it’s all my anxious thoughts. Thanks for the tip I am definitely going to give it a try I will try anything!

This anxiety really is horrible ? Have you had these tremors a while ?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy93 View Post
    I totally know what you mean Phoenixess mines sometimes come on when I’m lying in bed i think it’s all my anxious thoughts. Thanks for the tip I am definitely going to give it a try I will try anything!

This anxiety really is horrible ? Have you had these tremors a while ?
    I get palpatations and tremors like once I didn’t realise I had had a panic attack and I was uncontrollably shaking I kept breathing and the more I breathed deeply the shaking stopped I was like here we go again..... and palpatations and panic I have had for over twelve years so yes.

If I tell myself I am just relaxing I tend to fall to sleep better if I tel myself I am going to sleep I panic?!? Reverse psychology I guess

I used to have a tremor in my hands. It usually improved with breakfast, so maybe low blood sugar?

Of course, it could also be anxiety - which is famous for giving the jitters.

Best to you!
    Last edited by Radiationworried; 23-05-20 at 17:59.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information