Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can’t stop worrying about MND

Re: i Wish it would all end

Hi back roads thank you for replying to me , I’m literally at my wits end with this.

All over twitching for 11 months now! Can’t shift it can’t seem to think it’s anything else other than this scary illness,

Now I’m having the classic symptoms of an anxiety attack and just trying to get myself back under control :(

I've been twitching for over 3 years. It sucks. Wish we could find a remedy. So far, I haven't found anything that clearly helps.

Yes yes yes. Been where you are. Finally sought medication and am on meds and I see my therapist weekly. It’s a miserable feeling. I just got to the point where I felt like I owed it to my family to be the best me. Get some help. It will help you. In the meantime start by reading some of the free CBT books on here. You can get better. And when you are better you can relapse. But learning how to cope when the shadows creep in makes a huge difference

I really feel for you and can relate to your post. I’m going through a terrible time right now and wonder each day how I’m going to make it through. I am scheduled to start seeing an OCD therapist next week. But I am still sure I have a particular disease and can’t imagine ever being free from it. I wish I had good advice ... I would say to certainly look into meds and therapy, because your life is worth fighting for. Here’s hoping we can find peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredtoo View Post
    Yes yes yes. Been where you are. Finally sought medication and am on meds and I see my therapist weekly. It’s a miserable feeling. I just got to the point where I felt like I owed it to my family to be the best me. Get some help. It will help you. In the meantime start by reading some of the free CBT books on here. You can get better. And when you are better you can relapse. But learning how to cope when the shadows creep in makes a huge difference
    If you don't mind my asking, what type of medication helped you the most?

Quote Originally Posted by BackRoads View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, what type of medication helped you the most?
    No I don’t mind at all. Currently I’m on Wellbutrin and Zoloft together. Now I know some people
    Question this combo as one can amp up your anxiety but for me it’s the right combo. It literally keeps me from shutting down. Like right now I’m very panicked and scared about something but I’m still able to function and be somewhat rational without going off the rails. I also have Ativan and Xanax as needed but I really try to avoid taking those unless I’m having a full blown panic meltdown

Hi all thanks for the replies , I hate that we are all feeling like this but it’s nice we can support each other, anxiety is an awful awful burden . I have had a terrible month and I don’t even know why . Have managed to get my fears some what under control then it just comes back with a vengeance . Today first day of a new month and I am going to try and enjoy this festive season ! I agree regarding medication I think I may visit docs - I’ve avoided them for 11 months now but may have to give in and ask for help . I started the cbt work books last night many thanks for the tips . I feel like I have leg myself down by getting in such a state this year. I have literally wasted the whole year worrying about a rare disease . I remember stupidly googling on the 1st January 2019 and Almost a year later here I am . I’ve spent most of my time consumed with these thoughts and just surviving rather than enjoying life I cannot go into another year like that

Twitching and shaking

I’m under immense stress just now and feel that my anxiety is crippling me . The one I am struggling with big time is the all over twitching and internal vibration feeling.

Does anyone have any success stories of how they beat these symptoms,

I feel like I’m at breaking point, I live alone with no one to talk to and really am feeling so down about life it’s reducing me to tears every night. I’m so worked up

Re: Twitching and shaking

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy93 View Post
    I’m under immense stress just now and feel that my anxiety is crippling me . The one I am struggling with big time is the all over twitching and internal vibration feeling.

Does anyone have any success stories of how they beat these symptoms,

I feel like I’m at breaking point, I live alone with no one to talk to and really am feeling so down about life it’s reducing me to tears every night. I’m so worked up
    Sorry you are going through this. I wish we could find more success stories. I've been struggling with this for over 3 years. My anxiety is sky high.

Re: Twitching and shaking

I’ve had a terrible past couple of days , feel like I’m never going to get out of this rabbit hole - this is the worst I have ever felt, and it’s coming up to a year now. A whole year wasted .

I’m so tense and terrified all the time and the twitching is still there after 11 months .

Had another panic attack last night and honestly could just burst into tears .

I am going to go back to my doctor tomorrow as I can’t continue like this

The ALS rabbit hole is one the worst and i am still convinced something serious is going on .

Has anyone had experience of twitching for this long and had any success stories ?
    Last edited by Murphy93; 17-12-19 at 00:30. Reason: Adding info

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information