Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can’t stop worrying about MND

Re: Can’t stop worrying about MND

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Why not show your appreciation and act on the pages of advice you've received throughout the last year?

Positive thoughts
    I agree I totally should and I am so grateful to the guys on here for the advice yourself included

Wish my brain would just accept it for what it is

I hope no one thinks I’m ignorant or ignoring previous advise I am just so lost In this rabbit hole that I don’t know how to get out .

I'm with you mate. My worries started after I injured my neck in July and my arms started going funny. Coming up to 6 months now. Last few weeks my legs have been aching and getting weird tingling and burning sensations too. Now I just ache all over in my limbs. I seemingly have tennis elbow in both arms and have my legs just cramp up all the time now. The anxiety turns to depression. I dont know how to stop it. I've recently started taking mirtazapine which helps with my sleep but I think it makes the aches worse. I twitch all over too. Sometimes I feel like I'm just waiting for a limb to go limp. I've read the sticky on here and it reassures me as I'm in pain and that points to anxiety more than anything but the reassurance doesn't last long. Hope this year is better for you.

Hi Adam

I totally know how you feel, it’s exhausting waiting for something to happen ( which probably won’t happen lol )

I totally know how you feel that’s me a year now of twitching , today my muscles are sore and burning but I am telling myself it’s anxiety and lack of sleep.

It’s crazy how the mind controls the body, I genuinely believe it can produce symptoms of the disease you fear - it happened to me seven years ago and no surprises it never came to anything .

I am going to go to the Doctors and ask for some medication as I don’t think I could endure another year like the last . It’s mentally draining and totally hindering my quality of life .

Logic, research and this forum tells me we are both fine after such a long period of time but hey it’s anxiety right that would be too easy for us to accept

I hope you feel better and get over this soon you really don’t want to waste a year like myself :( it’s devastating to look back on now in hindsight .

I remember telling myself 6 months ago once I got to that stage I would stop worrying and I have just continued to expand the time frame

Surrounding myself with family and friends has been a good distraction for me as I hardly notice my symptoms, I also have been working out daily that’s a great stress reliever

Anyway feel free to message me whenever you are struggling because I totally sympathise .

Hi Murphy93,

Firstly I am sorry you are feeling these things. I was also worrying about MND, I actually booked an appointment with my GP and went this morning. I am in my mid 30's, pretty healthy and fit. She didn't even do a physical on me as she knew straight away it wasn't a neurological disease. She even said to me in her 27years of practising medicine that she has only ever encountered ONE case of MND. I was just going through some pretty rough general anxiety symptoms and a tired mind was easy to deceive with DR.GOOGLE! I really do suggest you stay off the internet. It fuelled my obsession with symptoms and sensations and illnesses. I also think if you haven't already read it, then give this thread a read. https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...light=fear+als It really did help me to understand. As the post suggests, MND is about failure and not failing. So if you are twitching and this is the only symptom, then it is highly unlikely that you have MND. MND is about the nerves that talk to the muscles to tell them to move. From what I understand MND effects the link between the brain and the muscles. When the links dies then so does the connection from the brain to that associated muscle. As suggested in the article:

I really suggest you speak to your GP and look at getting some help to control and aid your recovery from health anxiety as it sounds like you are really stressed and anxious. I have been there buddy, like I said only today I went to the GP for the EXACT same reasons (and to also get signed up to CBT - which was the main reason for me going). I have minor twitching and my legs and arms felt weak. I feel ashamed to have gone to the GP and share my concerns about MND to be honest. I know there are people out there really suffering with MND :( Anxiety is a selfish thing sometimes, but thats why we have forums like this so we can all pull together and try help eachother it'll all be ok.

Hi TK09

Thank you so much for this message, it’s kind of you to offer your thoughts

I’m so sorry you had been going through this too it really is hell ! I am only 29 and otherwise fit and healthy so really I know I should be feeling like the odds are in my favour .

That’s exactly how I feel with regards to being embarrassed I am embarrassed to tell my gp I am suffering with this fear I feel quite selfish about it but I feel I have to go down and just admit I am struggling!

I’ve never spoke to anyone about how I am feeling and it’s exhausting keeping it to myself while trying to function normally In the real world .

I’m making an appointment tomrorow and hopefully I get the same response as you did

Thanks for reaching out to me it’s nice to not have to suffer alone

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy93 View Post
    Hi TK09

Thank you so much for this message, it’s kind of you to offer your thoughts

I’m so sorry you had been going through this too it really is hell ! I am only 29 and otherwise fit and healthy so really I know I should be feeling like the odds are in my favour .

That’s exactly how I feel with regards to being embarrassed I am embarrassed to tell my gp I am suffering with this fear I feel quite selfish about it but I feel I have to go down and just admit I am struggling!

I’ve never spoke to anyone about how I am feeling and it’s exhausting keeping it to myself while trying to function normally In the real world .

I’m making an appointment tomrorow and hopefully I get the same response as you did

Thanks for reaching out to me it’s nice to not have to suffer alone

I am only 3years older than you, so our situations are not too dissimilar. Don't feel embarrassed. We are all different and we all function differently. Humans though were not designed to deal with chronic stress, it really can be detrimental to our physical health in the long run. Not trying to scare anybody, just stating facts. So the key thing is to really work on reducing the stress we cause ourselves by chronically worrying about health. Talking about it and focusing on how to stop the chronic worry is a great start, and the GP will really help you. Have you heard or read a book called the worry trick? I highly recommend it. It really helped me in my initial stages of chronic health worry.

Quote Originally Posted by TK09 View Post
    I am only 3years older than you, so our situations are not too dissimilar. Don't feel embarrassed. We are all different and we all function differently. Humans though were not designed to deal with chronic stress, it really can be detrimental to our physical health in the long run. Not trying to scare anybody, just stating facts. So the key thing is to really work on reducing the stress we cause ourselves by chronically worrying about health. Talking about it and focusing on how to stop the chronic worry is a great start, and the GP will really help you. Have you heard or read a book called the worry trick? I highly recommend it. It really helped me in my initial stages of chronic health worry.
    I haven’t heard of that one! Funny you should say that as I was googling some self help books to order so might give that one a go to try and get back on track thank you!

Totally agree with the stress doing some damage I already have chronic hypertension which I have to take meds for they say it’s genetic but I think living with chronic anxiety really has spiked it !

Thanks Murphy. I've suffered with HA for a fair few years now and only in the last month have taken the plunge with medicine. It used to be cancers and what not but MND really kicked off my anxiety like never before 6 months ago. I take mirtazapine which is kind of like a strong antihistamine and it really helps with sleeping. I was doing CBT but had to change GP and haven't rearranged a new therapist but I dont think it helped me a great deal but people do talk about different therapists help different people. The doctor I saw before Xmas who put me in these tablets took a look at me when I mentioned i was worried about MND/MS and he took one look at me and said you dont look like someone with those conditions. I've seen countless other health professionals in the last 6 months as well who have done various physical tests on me and had no concerns, and this was sometimes because of ongoing neck and back issues but the same tests are done for neurological conditions. That said the what if factor always creeps in and it's hard to quieten down. I have the arches, tingling and weakness in all limbs but logic tells me things dont work like that in all limbs it would be concentrated to one. But logic only usually has a smaller voice in our minds unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    But logic only usually has a smaller voice in our minds unfortunately.
    The positive takeaway from what I've seen posted is the self-awareness of what the real culprit is here. Yes, the dragon is going to breath fire down your neck any chance he gets BUT, you recognize it as anxiety and still hear that smaller voice.

Consider yourselves fortunate that you still hear that voice as many here have allowed the dragon to cause hearing loss For many people that practice faith, the "Still Small Voice" is that smidgen of hope and reason. It's those reasons and hopes we need to grab onto with both hands when things seem to be out of our control.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Tremors when waking up ?

Does anyone else experience this at all ? Like an internal tremor especially when I wake up in the
    Morning it’s really bad ! It eases during the day but I still feel quite shaky a lot of the time.

Worried about it - I’ve been living with it for over a year now but can’t get any explanation

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information