Thread: Adrenaline surges

Adrenaline surges

I've had a six month period of constant anxiety. Mostly due to health issues which have now been resolved, the anxiety has left me.
    But now, every day, afternoon or evening I experience what feels like a surge of adrenaline rushing through me. It feels like excitement and a hollow feeling in the stomach as though I'm hungry. It just arrives without me feeling any anxiety or stress, in fact I've been relaxed all ay, but here it is, for the past hour and won't budge.
    Anyone else? And if so, how do you deal with it?

Re: Adrenaline surges

Happens to me a lot, especially when there's an upcoming event I'm anxious about. Honestly for me these are one of the easiest anxiety symptoms to not worry about - it just feels like going on a rollercoaster, basically. The adrenaline rushes are absolutely harmless and worrying about them will only bring them about more often, so why worry? I'd do your best to accept them and let them come as often as they want, and you'll see them gradually start to fade as time passes.

Thank you. I'm going to try and ignore them. As you say, worrying about them just makes them worse.
    I would love to know the cause of though.
    I've just been through a long patch of anxiety and panic attacks which is over now and I'm calm and relaxed. I wondered if this was caused by that and whether it caused an imbalance with my stress hormones.

The after effects of anxiety can last for months, and is partially caused by a phenomenon called adrenal fatigue. Your adrenal gland hasn't fully recovered yet and can squirt out 'go juice' when it's not really appropriate.

Just keep practicing calming techniques, whatever works best for you. Go for a walk, meditate, yoga etc etc. Eventually it'll pass.

Thank you Ankietyjoe

Thread Information