Hi,

First post here - at a point of desperation now so any help anyone can give is really appreciated.

A bit of a backstory here - I suffered from diagnosed GAD about 6 years ago, had CBT and got it manageable to virtually the point of not noticing it up until the last year. I had a very stressful year, and realised that it had become a problem again when I went on a family holiday and could barely eat for the first 3 days because of my anxiety. I let it go, and hoped it would improve over the coming year, however it has just gotten worse, worsening really quickly over the last couple of months - I've had to miss university open days now because I just haven't been able to face the anxiety the travelling and distance causes. I went to my GP about 3 weeks ago, currently waiting for a referral to the mental health services. At the moment I'm not 100% sure where my anxiety is from; I believe it is GAD, however it also has elements of emetophobia and agoraphobia strongly linked into it - I get anxiety on a day to day basis, but it peaks when I am in situations where I feel I may be sick and cannot get out (and home) quickly if I were to be sick. This means I frequently make myself sick, just by being anxious and having panic attacks.

I'm now at a point where in little over two weeks I'm flying off to Nepal on a volunteering trip. I signed up last year, before my anxiety had worsened this much, and I have no clue how I'm going to cope. I don't even know specifically what I'm anxious about as I know the notion of me being sick is absolutely ridiculous. I can't cancel the trip on my travel insurance, but nor do I want to as I know this trip is really important to me and that I would regret it unbelievably if I didn't go.

Has anyone got any tips I can take with me for when I can't eat, feel trapped and as if I am going to be sick?? I'm really desperate and can't bear with the idea of my anxiety holding me back once more, for such a big thing this time.

PS apologies if this post isn't in the right place - to me it seems my GAD is the most overlapping issue so it fits best here.

Thanks