So my question is...how can we tell if a pain is real or not? Obviously it’s real, but
how can we decipher if it’s of significance or if it’s anxiety? For example, I do have a history of some heart issues and I’m only in my 30s. Today, I experienced something unusual- it felt as if I had something stuck in my chest and almost felt like it was moving around. Painful in a weird way. It wasn’t reflux- I already take medication for that and I hadn’t eaten anything for many hours prior. Is it palpitations, heart attack, etc... Of course, it freaked me out, and to be honest, it’s still freaking me out. I still feel it and question if I need to go to urgent care.
And here’s the thing...I have felt many weird sensations before that have turned out to be nothing. So I try to convince myself this is the same. However, due to my history of heart issues, I always question if this is the “main event” so to speak and worry if I need to be seen by a dr.
Obviously I’m still alive to write this post...but I still feel the weirdness. How do I know what’s real?