Thread: Is it real??

Is it real??

So my question is...how can we tell if a pain is real or not? Obviously it’s real, but
    how can we decipher if it’s of significance or if it’s anxiety? For example, I do have a history of some heart issues and I’m only in my 30s. Today, I experienced something unusual- it felt as if I had something stuck in my chest and almost felt like it was moving around. Painful in a weird way. It wasn’t reflux- I already take medication for that and I hadn’t eaten anything for many hours prior. Is it palpitations, heart attack, etc... Of course, it freaked me out, and to be honest, it’s still freaking me out. I still feel it and question if I need to go to urgent care.
    And here’s the thing...I have felt many weird sensations before that have turned out to be nothing. So I try to convince myself this is the same. However, due to my history of heart issues, I always question if this is the “main event” so to speak and worry if I need to be seen by a dr.
    Obviously I’m still alive to write this post...but I still feel the weirdness. How do I know what’s real?

Re: Is it real??

Quote Originally Posted by its1111 View Post
    However, due to my history of heart issues..
    You mean symptoms that you attribute to heart issues with no medical evidence to back it up? I see this often here... Terminology used to bolster the irrational thoughts. 'swollen" used for normal etc. The symptom is real IMO, the cause is not sinister IMO.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information