Thread: Cervical cancer. Freaking out

Cervical cancer. Freaking out

Hi there. I have been on cerelle mini pill for 5 months and to start with had some light irregular periods and then they stopped and then a few weeks ago I missed a pill and then started again the next day and then I got some light bleeding for about a week and then about a week after that I started bleeding again and I've been bleeding for about 5 days. It's quite light bleeding but also have a period pain. I'm starting to worry this may be cervical cancer? I had a smear test a year ago.

Please reply
    Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Re: Cervical cancer. Freaking out

Hiya! If you had a clear smear one year ago it won’t be cancer plus you would likely have some other symptoms like pelvic pain etc - I would approach your doc about it and ask but cervical cancer takes quite a while to happen hence our smear screening program - if you stick to the 3 year program and if you have abnormalities it changes to either 6 months or 1 year checks - it will detect the abnormal cells before anything bad happens and you have treatment on them and then your fine - I have a few friends who had abnormal cin2 and 3 cells treated - I have CIN1 cells atm that are being monitored yearly - and I’ve have the vaccine! (A case for ppl to not presume if they have had the vaccine they are immune it only covers 2 high risk HPV strains not all 13) this is one cancer that is monitored quite closely by our healthcare system xxxx

Thread Information