Thread: Toothache freaking me out

Toothache freaking me out

So I had toothache yesterday on one of my bottom teeth. I had a look and there is a cavity. Fair enough I probably need a filling. I was then looking at other teeth as the pain was travelling and I was worried I had a cavity else where.

I have this one tooth that got filled last year and since then it slightly painful to touch. So I started prodding it and the more I touched it the worse it got. It got to the point where touching it with my tongue hurt. I left it alone for the afternoon and it went away. But I’ve have just woke up today and I must of been clenching my teeth In my sleep because it’s extremely painful again to the point it hurts to swallow. I’m freaking out because I hate anything to do with my teeth. I used to have a big fear of the dentist, and even though it’s better now I still get scared when I feel toothache. It’s a front tooth as well an I’m terrified they will have to take it out and then I will be walking around with a gap.

Re: Toothache freaking me out

I had all of my molars filled by the time I was in my very early 20s - all because I had a large appetite for vodka and ''full fat'' coca cola.

My advice to anyone with dental issues is do NOT delay going to your dentist. The amount of £££ spent on fixing my teeth, bleaching them (albeit that was cosmetic) and getting a healthy mouth again couldve been avoided easily.

Ask your dentist to prescribe TEMAZEPAM 10mg before your procedure if you're an anxious person

But please do not delay in seeking help

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    I had all of my molars filled by the time I was in my very early 20s - all because I had a large appetite for vodka and ''full fat'' coca cola.

My advice to anyone with dental issues is do NOT delay going to your dentist. The amount of £££ spent on fixing my teeth, bleaching them (albeit that was cosmetic) and getting a healthy mouth again couldve been avoided easily.

Ask your dentist to prescribe TEMAZEPAM 10mg before your procedure if you're an anxious person

But please do not delay in seeking help

Good luck
    Yes I know not to delay I’m phoning to book an appointment today. I have had about six fillings and two teeth extracted before so it’s not like it’s anything new. It’s just been a while since I have had anything done and the injections always make me shake and my heart goes crazy.

I just freak out with anything teeth related because of bad childhood experiences and this is a total new sensation. It like my whole tooth is bruised and the slightest touch hurts. If I don’t touch it it’s fine. It’s just completely freaking me out and I’m so scared to find out what it is.

Sounds like a classic case of "poked and prodded to the point of causing irritation" to me. Of course it's going to hurt when you repeatedly poke at it. If you can get yourself to leave it alone, you'll be fine. I'd say chances are it's irritated your gums, but do see a dentist if it persists or you feel it's something more than that. I understand the whole thing about waiting to fix it, first hand. Unfortunately I waited too long, and I'm really paying for it now. :( But better late than never! I'm finally feeling better about my overall dental health, and I encourage you to do the same.

The dentist shouldn't let you walk around with a gap if they have to remove a front tooth. They'll likely want to put a crown on it. They'll give you a temporary crown while you wait (two weeks or so, in my experiences) for the permanent crown to come in. Then they'll take off the temp and set the perm crown. All done.

Just been to the dentist. He took an X-ray, and said my tooth was inflamed probably from me grinding them. He couldn’t tell if it was dying or not so got a second opinion and they said they do a root canal as it has been hurting for so long and that would stop it. It’s going to take an hour and I have no idea how I’m gunna sit there for a whole hour, the injection always makes me shaky and I end up panicking, and an hour just seems like such a long time to stay still for.

Ask the dentist to distract you, I had a root canal done 2 years ago, and went very well.

You'll be ok. I've had a root canal and it was no big deal. Think of it as an hour you just get to lay down and do nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat99 View Post

I have this one tooth that got filled last year and since then it slightly painful to touch. So I started prodding it and the more I touched it the worse it got. It got to the point where touching it with my tongue hurt. I left it alone for the afternoon and it went away.
    ^^^^^ so what does this tell you?

and yes book a dentist appointment to have your tooth filled and looked at

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information