Thread: Sense of dread/ impending doom

Sense of dread/ impending doom

Hi all over the last few weeks my anxiety has got worse especially in the last few days where i have found it extremely difficult to sleep (3 or so hours a night with waking every hour or so it even goes as bad as half an hour a night), also i have nearly stopped eating completely and have an extremely low appetite, nearly constant nausea/ weird senations in head, and feeling offbalance and slanted to the side and scary thoughts with a sense of impending doom that my head is going to explode or im going to die especially in my sleep nothing i do takes my mind off these problems and its starting to wear away at me giving me a very low mood that i probably have had for many years as i dont enjoy anything. gonna go to see GP tmr to discuss immediate remedies and maybe trying meds as i have had CBT in the past which reduced anxiety but it has come back, i feel i am very well informed etc on anxiety and it seems i am having htese symptoms for no reason. ( am 18 so am meant to be enjoying life so this is verry shitty)

Re: Sense of dread/ impending doom

Very common anxiety symptom.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

yea thanks for the reply even though i know this i cant get these thoughts out of my head and its very frustrating. hopefully i can resolve a few issues with my GP tmr, although it is unlikely as i doubt highly they would prescribe to a 18 y/o hopefully they do though so i can just try it if not major life changes will have to be put in place etc whcih i am ready to do but i feel meds would help me on my way to do this and work as a temp solution as i sort my s*it out

Quote Originally Posted by Decco View Post
    although it is unlikely as i doubt highly they would prescribe to a 18 y/o
    My daughter went on meds (with therapy) at 18. Speak to your GP about your anxiety and ask for help.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information