Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High platelets (yet another worry)

Re: High platelets (yet another worry)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I appreciate the support! Likewise, dont overthink this, especially if you are feeling in otherwise good health. Given how mild of a "blip" it is, with nothing else out of line, i suspect the doctor won't give it a second thought.

I completely understand what you say about no absolutes (for better or worse). Any time there is a problem, my anxiety riddled mind takes me to the absolute worst, without considering that even if there is a problem, there might be treatment for it.

IN terms of my health... we will see. The start of last year i was by no means healthy. I had untreated sleep apnea, i was 330lb (~150kg), and wound up in the hospital thinking i was having a heart attack (and fearing heart failure). While it wasn't an attack or failure, my blood pressure has caused my heart to be enlarged, which finally kicked my butt into motion. Since the hospital visit, i have lost ~120lb, been treating my apnea, and doing all i can to maintain my health. My cardiologist was over the moon, and wants a follow up in the near future to see if things are getting better; of course, my mind says they will be getting worse, and i will be dead in a year.

The general doc i see on monday hasn't seen me in 7 months, so it will be interesting to get his take on my progress. I still really do fear it is too late for me, and too much damage has been done, but we will see..
    Wow I'm sorry to hear what you went trhough last year :( but I'm glad you didn't give up and started working on yourself, great job! Hope you keep it up and I wish you get better each day that passes. I heard that an enlarged can be reversed if you treat whatever is causing it so I hope that yours has gotten better!

I kind of understand what you feel but keep in my that your HA won't let you see past deadly conditions and that most of health conditions today are totally manageable.

I hope you keep me/us updated with your results and thank you for your words to me as well. Hoping for the best!

Re: High platelets (yet another worry)

Hi again guys!!

Wanted to change the title since my worry is another one now: Protein in urine but didn't know how!!

So today I went to my cardio and showed her all of my results (blood analitics, echocardiogram and urinalysis. She said that my platelets are ok and that it is because a variation in ranges depending on the laboratory (you guys nailed it!) And that I shouldn'g worry about vtach, sudden death, cancer, diabetes etc. Cause everything seemed normal. Now I'm just 20% percent worried about my platelets but I know my worry will subside in a matter of days.

BUT...

Protein showed up in my urine once again, most probably albumin and she said that that isn't normal. My former doctors never said anything about it. From 2013, 2017, 2018, and now 2019 my urine has always come back with lots of bacteria, some nitrites and protein traces and well I first read about kidney failure and something called glomerulonephritist which from what I read tends to manifest as protein in urine, and I was kinda worried but since my creatinine, urea have always been normal and also the fact that my doctor never seemed to worry about that, I didn't either. I had an abdominal ultrasound last year and it only showed a small kidney stone everything else was normal.

So now my cardiologist ordered another urine test and a urine culture to see why I have so much bacteria and which kind and she said that if it shows protein again she will refer me to a nephrologist. And it will most likely come back with protein just as it's been these last couple of years. And well I'm trying to calm myself a bit but I'm getting worried I'm in the early stages of kidney disease and that I will go into kidney failure and consequently need a kindey transplant. Nobody in my family has had these issues. I've always said that my fam is relatively healthy and it is me who is always moaning about something and well it may sound kind of ridiculous or weird but since I was a kid, I've always thought I'll be the first to go being the second youngest of 9 children whose parents are 62 and 75. But well it might be another symptom of HA...

I've heard of so many young lives being taken by kidney disease and it's just horrific and sad what those people go through :(

So I just wanted to know guys if anyone else has had protein showing up in their urine and if your doc has said anything about it being normal without having kidney disease??

Thanks so much in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information