Thread: High platelets (yet another worry)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Protein in urine

Hola chicos. I'm sorry guys but yet another post by me this last month.

*Please go to page 2, I updated*

So I had an appointment with a cardiologist three weeks ago due to my palpitations and she ordered a battery of tests which include ecg, echo, holter, blood count, thyroid, electrolytes etc. Had the ecg, and echo today, which thabks God came back fine when I was convinced I had cardiomyopathy... so I was so optimistic today because my heart is still structurally normal and I just had to wait for the bloods and holter. But to be honest the pessimistic part of me was sure that my joy wouldn't last long So when I went to take the bloods they told me the results would be available on thursday afternoon or this friday but I checked online a while ago and could see what they describe as a "partial report".

Ok so basically most of the things are optimal, cholesterol, tryglicerids, glucose etc but there were three things typed in red:

Platelets 421000 (normal lab range 182000-369000) high
    RDW-SD 47.2 (normal lab range 36.4-46.3)
    RDW-CV 15.5 (normal lab range 11.7-14.4)

Of course when I saw that the first thing I did was google I know I should've not but the temptation always win over me and guess what?? Big C was literally all over and not only big c, literally one of my major health anxiety fears: rare cancers.

I came across something called "Essential Thrombocythenia" and "Polycistenia Vera" which are some very rare blood cancer where your platelets are usually raised and that most of the time are diagnosed in people older than 60 while I'm 23 but still I think I'll be the unlucky 0.0001 of young people who get it. I read it cause heart attacks, blood clots, strokes, dvt and embolism and can later in life turn into acute leukemya.

I haver never heard of that until now and I think I could've go on with my life without knowing about it but here I am once again, worried about one of the rarest of the rarest cancers and my worry is being fed by the fact that there is clinical evidence, the raised platelets are there and I can't find any other non sinister reason :(

I just can't be happy and calm for a minute, I jump from worry to worry because new things appear. I will check tomorrow then on friday for the final report and see if I can get to the cardio that day and wait for her explanation. I'm already scared of having another blood count cause I fear it will show that my platelets have raised even more or that something else in my blood changed and that it is a sign of cancer :'(

Has anyone ever had raised platelets I mean like very far from normal range not marginal, and it wasn't something sinister?? Thanks in advance guys and sorry for posting again
    Last edited by elle95; 23-07-19 at 00:56. Reason: Update

Thread Information