Thread: Ear cut at the hairdresser

Ear cut at the hairdresser

Hi, yesterday i was at hairdresser in a very good and expedice salon. But my stylist cut a bit my ear with the clippers (i have shortcut). It bleed a bit. I was given an antibacterial liquid and was reassured that the clippers are after every client desinfected and cleaned. Does happen to anyone else? Do you think i can be calm?

Re: Ear cut at the hairdresser

I don't think there's anything to worry about. Hairdressers have to be careful, otherwise they'd be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I don't think there's anything to worry about. Hairdressers have to be careful, otherwise they'd be shut down.
    Thank you! I am worried only because of HIV...But just read the virus on open air in k ty blood doesnt lives for long..

You can't get HIV like that because it just can't live outside the body and quickly dies. That's why you can't get it off a toilet seat or door handle because it has to be so quick to transfer from one person to another that it is rendered impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You can't get HIV like that because it just can't live outside the body and quickly dies. That's why you can't get it off a toilet seat or door handle because it has to be so quick to transfer from one person to another that it is rendered impossible.
    Thank you!!i hope so!and they really reassured me it is all desinfected after every client. Even if it wouldnt i must be wounded by the exactly same place as would be wounded that potentional irrational hiv + client...so i trust it is almost impossible

Quote Originally Posted by zebra View Post
    Thank you!!i hope so!and they really reassured me it is all desinfected after every client. Even if it wouldnt i must be wounded by the exactly same place as would be wounded that potentional irrational hiv + client...so i trust it is almost impossible
    You will be fine. You said it had a good reputation too so they will be even more likely to be adhering to health & safety standards. Even if someone with HIV was nicked by the scissors and they didn't disinfect them it would be too long between you to transfer HIV as oxygen starts killing it straight away. The only form of HIV that can live longer outside the body is lab cultured specifically to test with because it's hard to test without this stronger strain because it dies so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You will be fine. You said it had a good reputation too so they will be even more likely to be adhering to health & safety standards. Even if someone with HIV was nicked by the scissors and they didn't disinfect them it would be too long between you to transfer HIV as oxygen starts killing it straight away. The only form of HIV that can live longer outside the body is lab cultured specifically to test with because it's hard to test without this stronger strain because it dies so quickly.
    Thank you!

Thread Information