So I guess I'm back, lol. I haven't been on these forums for a few good months, and that's generally because my health anxiety has been little to none for a while. Even as I write this right now, my health anxiety isn't super bad, however, this recent fear of mine is unnerving. So the other day, I saw a white little puppy get itself through the gate of my house and it started running around my front yard. It even ran up to my door and waited for some one to open it. Once I opened it, it started jumping around somewhat happily around and running. After letting this go on for a few more seconds, I saw its owner, and therefore decided to carry the dog and take it to its owner. While taking it, the dog was very calm and didn't do a single thing, however, just for a second, it felt like I had somehow gotten saliva on my arm. I completely forgot which one it was and where the saliva was "apparently" at, but I eventually handed the puppy over the gate to the owner, and left. Thing is, the owner looked quite weird, as when speaking to me he had a scent of alcohol and was walking around barefoot, though I mean it is in California so it does make sense, but the dog seemed clean and it also had a collar. The issue is, I for some reason feel like the dog might've licked my wrist, and this wrist had a wound that has been going through tissue-regrowth for a while already, and so if the saliva touched that part, I somewhat fear that there's a chance that I might've gotten rabies, if ofc the dog had the infection. The thing with this wound is that it basically has no opening, it's just a minor cut that has been pretty patched up for a while now, and so I assume that even if the dog did lick this part, the saliva couldn't have possibly entered my blood stream (there's no sight of blood on the wound). Either way, the dog was acting normally from what I saw, and it didn't scratch or bite me. The puppy was a Maltese as far as I know, and I'm just really hoping it didn't have rabies. To add on, I have barely researched rabies at all after this encounter. I've just checked the time of onset for this virus, which is apparently 2-8 weeks, and a few videos of rabid dogs in action. I have no idea as to what symptoms this disease causes, and I'm planning to keep it that way. My only problem is, can the onset be years later? Apparently, that's a possibility, and that kind of upsets me because I don't want to waste a few years of my life worrying about something as foolish as this. I also would like for a bit of reassurance over this matter.

Edit: After feeling the saliva, I immediately washed up and even took a shower to ensure that the saliva didn't get through any exposed parts of my body (ie: mouth, eyes)