Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cramps every morning :(

Cramps every morning :(

Ive posted around 20000 times on here and want to thank you all for the advice/encouragement in regards to (what seems) like TERRIBLE IBS after taking flucloaxillin back on May 5th. I've been a mental, emotional but moreover physical mess as this seemed to kick off my undiagosed IBS TERRIBLY. Things have gotten better over the past fortnight but only because I have seemingly been constipated 50% of the time (quite normal for me even before I took the meds...I took 3 doses by the way then stopped). I live on bread, couscous, pasta, cheese, broccoli and dry cakes.
    I've had numerous symptoms over the hellish two months, with on/off d* being the main thing which Ive not been used to. I have had stool tests done and hpylori, GBG , celiac testing and its all back clear. I personally dont believe theres a bigger problem, mainly cos these issues only started as SOON as I took the meds, but Im getting sick of the symptoms dragging... for the past week when I wake, my intestines wake with me and Im faced with (sometimes painful) gas and cramps. I know this is "typical" for IBS but its getting to the point where I barely eat in the mornings and Im one who loves eating breakfast. The thought of eating cereal or even more than one slice of toast is scary cos I know Ill be faced with the intense cramps. Two days ago I tried a yoghurt, just to restore some good bacteria but I had the WORST gas and had bad d* the next day :( .
    Weirdly when I "go" though i do get better and just face spasms and little threats throughout the day. Generally in the night I feel NOTHING and can eat anything then pay for it the next day.
    Anyone got any remedy?

Re: Cramps every morning :(

Sometimes just anticipating the cramps is enough to bring them on because we’re far more tense. I have the delightful experience myself most mornings, if you breathe through it and relax it gets much easier.

As with all bowel issues, a balanced gut friendly diet avoiding trigger foods and drinks will help over time, the same as plenty of water and keep moving. For wind and pains you can try peppermint tea/capsules. Ginger also settles the stomach for many.

With IBS it’s often a case of go with the flow, quite literally sometimes if you’ll excuse the pun. Sometimes I’ll eat things I know I will pay for but I make sure to do it when I’m not going to have to leave the house the next day, and I’ll warn my husband that he may need a gas mask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

It's a good idea to take a good quality probiotic during and after anti-biotics for at least a couple of months. Antibiotics floor me for ages and I get similar symptoms to you.

There's also a weird stomach bug going around right now that I had last week. I was experiencing lower intestinal pain, diarrhea, nausea and military grade wind.

Thanks guys - midnight, you make it sound less scary tbh - I think my biggest worry over it being something serious is having this for the rest of my life but I will confess I was almost this bad last year and it did ease incredibly unless I really risked certain foods. Weird thing is my safe foods like pasta, cheese and rice and bread are accompanied by chocolate and cookies - i had an activia two days ago stupidly on the same day as eating white choc and the next morning i payed for it :/ but usually im good with pizza, cakes etc...very good but strange....

Ankietyjoe, I am trying to put them into my diet but scared theyll just further my issues as I tried a nice innocent yoghurt on wednesday and faced very bad cramps almost an hour after eating it :/ ... i saw some in the pharmacy but Im scared... i heard they can mess us up more

Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno1234 View Post
    Thanks guys - midnight, you make it sound less scary tbh - I think my biggest worry over it being something serious is having this for the rest of my life but I will confess I was almost this bad last year and it did ease incredibly unless I really risked certain foods. Weird thing is my safe foods like pasta, cheese and rice and bread are accompanied by chocolate and cookies - i had an activia two days ago stupidly on the same day as eating white choc and the next morning i payed for it :/ but usually im good with pizza, cakes etc...very good but strange....
    Jalapeno, I’ve been dealing with IBS symptoms since my very early teens (I would say easily 15 years now), it’s really not scary just somewhat frustrating at times. Honestly, it’s just a case of acceptance and good practices to maintain things but truthfully I just accept that my body is sensitive to stress and anxiety and as I have GAD and OCD my body will react, even if I’m not feeling particularly stressed these conditions are still with me.

Sometimes I can get away with certain foods, other times I very much pay for it. Pizza is a prime example of it for me, I can enjoy it without consequences outside of normal over indulgence (portion control with pizza is one of my greatest weakness in life ) other times let’s just say I’m more than aware of my bad choices in life the next day.

These things can come and go or stay just constant (especially when you’re worried about them) without being a concern of anything being particularly ‘wrong’ I understand it’s unpleasant and I’m sure that we would all prefer not to have to go through these things in life and live carefree but ultimately it’s not a big deal there are so many things that we could have to deal with that are much worse! Considering all of us here already deal with anxiety- I would rather a little pain and gas over panic attacks any day!

Positive vibes,

Mouse

What is it with pizza, Mouse, it's bizarre. Half the time I eat it and nothing happens; the other half I spend a day or two stuck in the bathroom in agony, and there's no pattern to it whatsoever!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    What is it with pizza, Mouse, it's bizarre. Half the time I eat it and nothing happens; the other half I spend a day or two stuck in the bathroom in agony, and there's no pattern to it whatsoever!
    I’m honestly not sure! I even get the same pizza from the same place, usually the same night of the week if I’m going to have it at all. Sometimes nothing’s out of the ordinary, others pain and stuck in the bathroom like you, then others it means I don’t go for three days... no pattern even with other foods and drinks.

I take the risk though, sometimes we must suffer for the things we love

Do you guys find that nights and afternoons are better? I've found a pattern and my cramps/gas/intestinal noise is always between when I wake up around 8-9 and lasts til about 12 -1 ..I'll get spasms and gas throughout the day but generally speaking im good all day..No idea what thats about.
    Had a bit of salsa last night and pepsi max (REAL NOS FOR ME IN THE MORNING/AFTERNOON) and my body has been acting perfect makes NO sense. Even had a freaking ice coffee at around 2pm and mild spiced wings - wtf!!

Mornings being worst is actually the classic thing for IBS; mine tends to be worst around 5am, when I wake up, and it usually eases off by around 10am.

Every morning, unless I’m really constipated - which has its own issues.

I find that when I wake at 7 the cramps start, then by time I get up at 10 they will have eased unless I’ve eaten something that IBS has decided is deeply offensive at that particular time, then I will probably make at least 3 trips to the bathroom with urgency and various levels of consistency, but guaranteed pain and gas (then again I don’t think there’s a time I don’t have gas!)

To be honest I just ignore the morning cramps until I’m ready to get up, I find that it’s the tension in the gut that causes them, not necessarily the need to go, which seems to be more of a side effect of the situation. If I work on relaxing my body after I wake it’s much easier for the rest of the day, as long as IBS is feeling compliant of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information