Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone on here take meds like beta blockers for bp?

Re: Does anyone on here take meds like beta blockers for bp?

Then ditch the support group!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I plan too I’m actually feeling a bit better but I’m pissed. I thought it be advice on how To breathe relax exercise. HeAlthy diet but with in reason. Instead it’s all posting articles eat sugar and die. Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Weasley123 View Post
    They are used to treat anxiety From what I’ve read. I drink one cup of coffee a day rarely two so not to excess. I don’t have any plans to give it up as it’s a source of happiness and relaxation for me if anything. My question was more can you take it with the meds. Now if one day I had gone through major issues I’d certainly reduce it but I can’t imagine quitting it completely
    They don't treat anxiety (as I said previously). They reduce one symptom of anxiety, which won't actually treat the anxiety at all.

Yes, you can drink coffee and take beta blockers if you want to.

But reading what you've written, I don't think beta blockers are necessary. I think dealing with the unfounded anxiety is what's needed. You said yourself, you're healthy and you feel good, so why medicate?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Weasley123 View Post
    I guess my big thing is i don’t wan to take these meds fir something I’m doing to myself. But nothing not breathing exercises not calmimh thoughts helps my white coat
    Is therapy an option? Health anxiety usually responds well to the cognitive and behavioural (CBT, REBT) and mindfulness therapies. If not beta-blockers can reduce BP and block the adrenaline surge during an anxiety attack, however, as ankietyjoe has already pointed out, they don't have any direct anti anxiety properties. That said, significantly reducing the anxiety symptom which many find the most disturbing can have a positive affect on anxiety levels generally and that may often be enough in mild cases. Just one cautionary note, blocking adrenaline receptors impacts stamina so 15 mile walks will probably become harder to complete.

I think I do this to myself.
    Your brain does. There is no such thing as a "mental" disorder. They are as much physical diseases as epilepsy, type 2 diabetes, or arthritis. Anxiety and depression are the varying manifestations of atrophy of parts of the two hippocampal regions of the brain caused by high brain stress hormone levels killing neurons and inhibiting the growth of new ones. It is arguably a type of auto-immune disorder. Therapy and antidepressants (also to a limited extent exercise and Omega-3 fatty acids) work by stimulating the growth of new hippocampal brain cells (neurogenesis). It is the new cells and the interconnections they forge which produce the therapeutic response. For a more detailed explanation see: How antidepressant drugs act.

I exercise a great deal I walk 15 miles a day it does help. I want to try cbt online because the appointment hours by me are very inconvenient for my job walking and pets but I want to find someone reputable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information