Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Issues From Having Irregular and Long Periods?

Re: Long Term Issues From Having Irregular and Long Periods?

Ahh that’s good!

Is the prolonged periods and hormones causing me to want to eat all day every day? I can't stop wanting sweet things, and after I eat them, I feel guilty and fat. I can't seem to curb this bad habit of not just stopping at one chocolate bar, I go and snack on biscuits then and find myself constantly craving.

Yes probably!
    I’m with you really, my sugar addiction is ridiculous x

Mine is ridiculous too, chocolate is my enemy at this stage, and trying not to eat it so much and change it for some fruit or something a little healthier.

My period came back a little heavy again tonight, it seemed as though it was gone this morning, but then came back tonight. That's 38 days of period. My last period was in April, and then I didn't get another period until 22nd June (which is how long this one has lasted). So exhausting. I'm getting the pill prescription and iron tomorrow, but not sure how I feel right now. I have had a period last as long as this in the past or a bit longer, but it always seems so stressful and worrying.

Sometimes I just want to burst out crying it makes me so upset (but I know that can be the hormones too).

Is it considered one long period or is it a gathering of a couple of periods? I keep thinking about cancer, it's very stressful and frightening. I know my doctor didn't seemed too concerned about it, and brought up the ultrasound and the fact I'd had a smear last October as well, but I keep panicking (I know that has a lot to do with my anxiety disorder causing me to obsessively over think all the time, but its hard when you have your period for over a month!).

Sorry Scass, wasn't ranting at you lol! Just was putting that in there, has anyone had any experience similar to this?

I'm also starting to worry that it could be the early onset of perimenopause or something? I was starting to feel fine yesterday as my periods seemed to be going, then started to come back yesterday evening, and now today, have had some broken clots and bright red. This is how I'm set off again, and start panicking about cancers and menopause and not being able to have children etc.

I'm going out of my mind with worry and stress, I got my prescription this morning and was going to start in the morning, but I'm so confused about it all. I know the stress isn't making this better but honestly, I'm so drained.

No, stop! You’ve been seen and examined and it’s pcos. I don’t suppose you are a member of any pcos groups are you? Perhaps they can give you the information you need.

No, I've tried to talk to people in my life about it, but none have had anything like it, besides the Hypothyroid thing, most just say its "ooh sounds like cancer" or "oh that's how my menopause started", which isn't two things you like to hear much, especially when I've been particularly broody last year or so, can make me very depressed.

I'm working on losing the weight, and cutting down, drinking more water, and doing a big of yoga.

I do recall the nurse at the scan saying I had quite a few follicles, so maybe that's a cause as well. Anyway, I think I'm just very tired at the moment from it, and lack of sleep (3 hours last night), and feeling very sluggish. All probably adding up. Sorry Scass, this is a hormonal woman at the moment so my head is like mashed potatoes lol!
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 01-08-19 at 02:11.

Btw, Anyone been on Leonore 100mcg/20mcg (levonorgestral/ethinylest) pill before? What was your experience like? the leaflet goes on about blood clots a lot, which is a worry...

I've made an appointment to go back over to my doctor tomorrow, as my bleeding was really heavy last night, heaviest it's been.

I went to bed at 1am and between then and getting up now 8am, I had to change 3 times, mostly because I soaked through my clothes, and not so much had a soaked pad, but just that it leaked over the sides. I also got a bit of clotting as well, no more than a coin size, but I was breathless all night and feel drained now.

I made an appointment to check for infection maybe, trying not to panic about something more serious.

I'm starting my BC pill at 9am this morning, and take the GalferFA at 10am, and see how that goes today.

My periods have been quite light throughout the 40 days I've had then, except a couple of times I had some large clots, last night and this morning has been the heaviest. I though they were goinbf yesterday morning, practically looked like it, but now their bright red, flowing quite heavy and getting the odd clot during it.

Sounds like a good idea to see your doctor, and also hopefully the pills will help.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information