Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help freaking out!

Unhappy Help freaking out!

First of all hello to everyone, I am new here, I have HA and I need some help right now please!

So here goes - I have been weighing myself since January this year - I have till today lost about 3.3kg (eqiv to 8lbs) - my appetite has not changed at all, I have not started anything new,.....I have given up alcohol during the week for the last few months (approx 2/3 bottles of wine in 5/6days), I now only drink a Friday and sometimes a Saturday...petrified this is cancer starting now due to the weight loss, so in 6 months its 8lbs unintentional weight loss......... thats bad - something is definitely wrong with me.....right?

Has anyone else had the same weight loss & should I see the Dr?

Thanks

Re: Help freaking out!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending_story View Post
    First of all hello to everyone, I am new here, I have HA and I need some help right now please!

So here goes - I have been weighing myself since January this year - I have till today lost about 3.3kg (eqiv to 8lbs) - my appetite has not changed at all, I have not started anything new,.....I have given up alcohol during the week for the last few months (approx 2/3 bottles of wine in 5/6days), I now only drink a Friday and sometimes a Saturday...petrified this is cancer starting now due to the weight loss, so in 6 months its 8lbs unintentional weight loss......... thats bad - something is definitely wrong with me.....right?

Has anyone else had the same weight loss & should I see the Dr?

Thanks
    8 pounds in 6 months not unintentional weight loss. When my aunt had cancer, it was more than 10 percent of her weight in a matter of weeks. The weight melted off.

8lbs over six months is nothing, especially if you're cutting back on booze.

8lbs in a week might, just possibly, be a cause for concern, but over half a year? No need to worry whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    8 pounds in 6 months not unintentional weight loss. When my aunt had cancer, it was more than 10 percent of her weight in a matter of weeks. The weight melted off.
    Thank you - I never loose weight LOL - I am a big girl, my friend said that bigger people loose weight faster initially, I hope its the laying off the booze slightly that has been doing this - the worst thing I have done is bought a scale for the bathroom uuurrrgh.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    8lbs over six months is nothing, especially if you're cutting back on booze.

8lbs in a week might, just possibly, be a cause for concern, but over half a year? No need to worry whatsoever.
    Thank you for your reply - its so horrible to have this worry, the worry leads to stomach issues I am sure of it, everytime I think of it, I ned the loo then now I am thinking its prob colon cancer.....

Nah, anxiety gives everybody the runs. You're going to be just fine

Side note: the Neverending Story is my absolute favourite book of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Nah, anxiety gives everybody the runs. You're going to be just fine

Side note: the Neverending Story is my absolute favourite book of all time.
    Thanks - oh yes I loved the movie too - I am nearly 39 and still watch it at least once a year lol

Eight pounds in six months is not a drastic change at all. Our body weight fluctuates all the time. No action needed!

Quote Originally Posted by adamden View Post
    Eight pounds in six months is not a drastic change at all. Our body weight fluctuates all the time. No action needed!
    Thank you - when you not trying to loose its a worrying symptom though

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending_story View Post
    Thank you - when you not trying to loose its a worrying symptom though
    Completely understand, I found out last month that I lost seven pounds in a matter of six months too. Turns out it's just normal human functions. I was concerned at first, but they said it comes with anxiety too.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information