Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help freaking out!

Re: Help freaking out!

Quote Originally Posted by adamden View Post
    Completely understand, I found out last month that I lost seven pounds in a matter of six months too. Turns out it's just normal human functions. I was concerned at first, but they said it comes with anxiety too.
    Well I have had loads of stress since July 2018 - without going into too much detail - I maintained my appetite though - maybe it is the cutting out of alcohol for 5 days now in the last 3-4 months....

I could easily lose 8lb in a weekend if I missed a meal or two.

Excess alcohol consumption is very inflammatory and would explain the weight loss alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending_story View Post
    Well I have had loads of stress since July 2018 - without going into too much detail - I maintained my appetite though - maybe it is the cutting out of alcohol for 5 days now in the last 3-4 months....
    That would also make sense because alcohol can pack on the pounds sometimes and it can also hang around. Still don't think it's anything to worry about.

I need to weigh myself again Thursday and dreading it

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending_story View Post
    I need to weigh myself again Thursday and dreading it
    Respectfully, you've gotten 8 wonderful replies of reassurance. Here's your 9th. That's nothing! I'm a cancer survivor and I went from 230lbs to 160lbs in 4 months! That's over 4lbs a week! Just based on all the terrible things that can happen to you in life, is it remotely rational to worry about an 8lb weight loss in 6 months based on your lifestyle changes?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Respectfully, you've gotten 8 wonderful replies of reassurance. Here's your 9th. That's nothing! I'm a cancer survivor and I went from 230lbs to 160lbs in 4 months! That's over 4lbs a week! Just based on all the terrible things that can happen to you in life, is it remotely rational to worry about an 8lb weight loss in 6 months based on your lifestyle changes?

Positive thoughts
    Yes I have - I just keep re reading them to convince myself I am ok

OK proper freaking out now!!!! weighed again and have lost another 4lbs this week alone - pushing the total to 11lbs since Jan 10th!!!!!

It's still inconsequential regardless of what your anxiety is telling you. Besides, you've been wound tighter than a humbucker over this and that leads to reduced appetite etc. Its a vicious cycle of anxiety you're in for sure. Wish there were words to help. Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    you've been wound tighter than a humbucker over this and that leads to reduced appetite etc. Its a vicious cycle of anxiety you're in for sure. Wish there were words to help.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you but I have been eating the same and drinking slightly more alcohol :( - its so worrying me right now

Hi, I’m in the same boat but since April. Lost around 2kg even though I have been eating pretty much as normal. It is really concerning me because I look at my arms and body and it just seems like they have become skinny!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information