Thread: Right Upper Quadrant Pain

Right Upper Quadrant Pain

So ... I'm definitely a health anxiety sufferer. I guess with this post, I'm just wondering if anyone has suffered from RUQ pain that resolved without it being anything horrible.

I've been concerned about a myriad of symptoms and possible horrible diseases over the years. I typically take a few months off every so often from worrying, and then something else pops up. The only actual problems I've ever ended up having are Celiac Disease, hypothyroid (often accompanies Celiac) and gallbladder removal. But my most recent worry actually could be related to the Celiac and gallbladder. I've been having a pain under my rib cage, just right of center. The pain spreads up into the right side of my chest and my right shoulder. It's been going on for about a month. I'd describe it as gnawing and slightly burning. Not really an ache. It got bad enough that I went to the ER. They did a CT scan which was remarkably normal (their words). My labs were normal as well. I thought with that piece of info, my anxiety would decrease and the pain would fade away. The pain has remained, and my anxiety is increasing as time goes on. I have my annual physical scheduled in a couple of weeks, so I'm trying to hold off until then for any more doctors visits.

Anyway ... anyone else suffered from RUQ pain as part of their health anxiety? In searching old threads, this looks to be fairly common for HA sufferers. Thanks for any responses!

Re: Right Upper Quadrant Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Kcguy2017 View Post
    Anyway ... anyone else suffered from RUQ pain as part of their health anxiety? In searching old threads, this looks to be fairly common for HA sufferers. Thanks for any responses!
    So you need further reassurance and affirmation? Digestive/stomach issues are one of the most common symptoms/side effects of anxiety

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information