Thread: Esophageal Cancer Fear!!! Help

Esophageal Cancer Fear!!! Help

So I've been good about my Health Anxiety for a long ti.e now. But 2 weeks ago I started noticing upper back pain that comes with Acid Reflux. It's really painful and dosen't happen everytime I eat. But I'm freaking out I can swallow ok though I do sometimes feel like something is sitting in my esophagus and I notice I burp alot even when drinking water. I'm freaking myself out here I'm 35 years old male who was diagnosed with a small sliding Hital Hernia in 2010 could it have turned into Esophageal Cancer?Please Help

Re: Esophageal Cancer Fear!!! Help

Ummmm.... No!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragi316 View Post
    So I've been good about my Health Anxiety for a long ti.e now. But 2 weeks ago I started noticing upper back pain that comes with Acid Reflux. It's really painful and dosen't happen everytime I eat.
    Cancer in an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I second what Fishmanpa said, cancer is an UNCONTROLLED GROWTH.
    I'm a fellow cancer survivor, and my cancerous cells continued to spread before treatment, which they figured out as soon as they found it.
    If it doesn't happen every time, then it isn't cancer. No way.

Thank you for the reply. I hate it when my mind gets fixated on a symptom and always thinks the worse case scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Dragi316 View Post
    So I've been good about my Health Anxiety for a long ti.e now. But 2 weeks ago I started noticing upper back pain that comes with Acid Reflux. It's really painful and dosen't happen everytime I eat. But I'm freaking out I can swallow ok though I do sometimes feel like something is sitting in my esophagus and I notice I burp alot even when drinking water. I'm freaking myself out here I'm 35 years old male who was diagnosed with a small sliding Hital Hernia in 2010 could it have turned into Esophageal Cancer?Please Help

You just literally described what I've been going through for over a month.
    The back pain started around 2 weeks ago though and I'm on meds for the Acid Reflux, are you on any meds for it?

My pain is the same, it will happen when I eat harder foods, or swallow too much at once, occasionally feels like food is sticking in my throat and lots of bloating and burping (pain also there when burping).
    Which side is your pain? Mine is on the top right of my back. Hiatal Hernia's don't have much of a link (if any) to Esophageal cancer from what I've read previously.

Have you seen or are you thinking about seeing a doctor for it?

Hope it gets better soon

Hello I have not taken any medication yet. Think I'm going to start Prilosec. I do have a issue where sometimes when I eat I'll regurgitate food particles. The back pain is around the right shoulder and sometimes under the armpit. The strange thing is I can recreate the pain when moving a certain way so I wonder if this can partly be muscle skeletal. I hope you feel better soon too

Thread Information