Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going on holiday panic

Re: Going on holiday panic

thank you i feel i’ve done the right thing for me

Aw I'm sorry you didn't feel up to it. I've stood on the steps up to planes and wanted to bail so many times. Don't worry about it. It wasn't the right time. As long as you've done what's right for you, that's all that matters.

thanks

Thank you, especially the part about being at the point in life where you ask why you put yourself through this. I like that. -Pete

You made the right decision, Lozza. We can't all leave our anxieties at home-they just travel with us.

thanks all

Hi
    Recently joined this site to see if my travel anxiety is experienced by others. Just read this entire thread from a few months back and it rings so true with me also.

I occasionally have to travel for work, something I feel I should be able to do quite comfortably, but the few weeks leading up to it are always a struggle. I know I can do it, I have done it before, but the level of anticipation brings on anxiety and panic and is so tiring. There is just no getting away from it.

I think (I’m sure) my main worry is being away from family. Homesickness if you like. I’m worried that if I have a panic attack that I won’t have someone there to confide in and calm me down. I don’t worry about where I’m going or the job, I just worry about missing loved ones.

I recall from previous trips that once there these feelings pass quickly and I can reach a state of normality, but the build up is hell.
    I try to tell myself that these feelings come in waves and will pass, but when they are bad they are really bad and make me want to call the whole thing off, which I know I will regret.

I often find my anxiety is worse in the mornings and I’m a little calmer in the evenings. Is this a common trend with anxiety sufferers? Just curious and what causes that cycle.

Any pointers or tips would be appreciated. Happy to try anything to get me through this period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information