Thread: Brain eating ameobi fear

Brain eating ameobi fear

Been doing relatively well for the past year but something set me off today. I was washing my eyes after I got some bits of paint near it and got some water in my nose. Im worried since I am currently in eastern europe on holiday and the water was warm from a home boiler so now I am worried about naegleria fowleri as I am unsure how clean the water is. Is there anything I can do to clean my nose as I am stressing out. Is there anything I can do to reduce the chance of getting this. Ive tried to clean my nose with tissue as much as I can.

Re: Brain eating ameobi fear

In 54 years in the United States there were 145 cases. Rarely more than 1 or 2 a year in a population exceeding 150 million at the start of that timeline, and 350 million at the end of it. I know that isn't eastern Europe, but your odds of contracting it are probably less than being hit by lightning by a wide margin.

Enjoy your holiday!

Haven't seen one of these threads in a while. Surprising since its Summer and there's usually an uptake in this and flesh eating bacteria posts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

What's up Jamie,

Relax, you could snort that water up your nose and I still wouldn't give it a second thought. You literally have a better chance of being eaten by an escaped lion while watching TV on your couch. I'd definitely be careful with the paint around the eyes though..

Take care

I was just gonna say the same thing Fishmanpa, I noticed how many posts about brain eating amoeba are here on this website.
    Like MJ said, you have a much better chance of that sort of wackiness than contracting a brain eating amoeba. You might even have a better chance of seeing pigs fly in your lifetime before that.
    From research I've done, there hasn't been a reported case of BEA since 2015 in the United States. I know you live in the UK, but compare that to the population of the United States, and you'll see how extremely low the chances are.

Thread Information