Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obsessively checking stool

Re: Obsessively checking stool

People have always told me this but I was scared cause I always checked but not checking has made feel better as my curiosity ends cause I flushed

It really does depend on how your anxiety works. For some they can't tolerate the tension until they do check. So, different methods are always worth trying to see how you respond.

Great to hear you are feeling better for it. You can obviously cold turkey it and perhaps the compulsion side is an even bigger re-trigger to the cycle than the initial trigger itself?

Yeah I’m on day 4 of not looking I feel good about this my anxiety is low

Quote Originally Posted by kmois View Post
    Yeah I’m on day 4 of not looking I feel good about this my anxiety is low
    Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks I’m almost to a week not checking helps and knowing I’m 17 and have no family history makes it rare that I have it

Need words of encouragemnent/feel ashamed of myself

For the last past week or so I been on a journey of not obsessively looking at my stool by not looking for at once a week to see if my body is well. I was good at doing this for a week and a half and today I have completely feel apart putting on gloves and touching my poo after I have made such progress. It’s like I know I am not sick deep down but my instructive thought me are telling even though I am 17 you can still very week have a bowel problem all I need is some advice to push as I am going back to start college in a few weeks

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information