Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chills at night?

Chills at night?

The past few nights later on around 8-10 ish I start getting chills and feeling cold. I have no clue why. This is something that happened a lot in the winter. It’s like as soon as I was outside my body never fully warmed back up. However, it’s summer right now and is 75 ish outside. We do have the ac running, but I don’t think it’s that. The house says it’s 72. I read somewhere getting a fever at night could signal cancer and now of course I’m worried. I don’t think it’s a fever though.. I just feel cold. At work today I saw a blue mark on my hand and I began getting worried until I wiped it off and realized it was just marker, I’m so tired of driving myself crazy. Is getting chills at night something to worry about?

Re: Chills at night?

I don’t necessarily know if i have a fever but I keep finding myself being colder than usual. Like if I am not moving around and I touch something cold my hands feel like ice and take forever to warm up. I’m not sure if I am just noticing this and if my mind is possibly playing tricks on me... I know I’ve had this happen before and I thought it was poor circulation. I had a CBC blood test 4 months ago and everything came back fine. I also had my thyroid checked. Chills were one of the things I had talked to the doctor about. I’m not even sure where I have read this online but I know I read somewhere feeling cold at night is a sign of cancer. Now I am worried all over again. Im so tired of living in this circle of worry. It’s taken over my life and my symptoms are so real. I can’t stop worrying. I don’t even know where to go for help. I have tried to mention my anxiety to my doctor and he just doesn’t really seem to think much of it. Just tells me to not Google. Maybe I’m not doing a well enough job explaining how much it affects me. I am so desperate. I want my old (somewhat) worry free life back. And it terrifies me that anxiety had such a grip on me I feel like I’ll never break out. It’s one symptom after another, it never ends.

I think you'd probably know the difference between a fever and feeling cold. Fevers tend to make you feel quite unwell. You could try taking your temperature during one of these chills, but I'd only do it once just to prove to yourself it's just a chill. You don't want to get trapped into checking it every night. I often feel cold like that and think my circulation isn't great. A warm bath, short walk or hot water bottle usually sorts it. It's also worse if I'm tired.
    If your doctor isn't helpful, could you see a different one?

I checked and I definitely do not have a fever. In fact my temp is around 96-97. I know 98.6 is what it’s supposed to be at and now I’m even more worried. In the worst I know my temp has read 96/97. I don’t want to google but I’m scared a low body temp is a sign of something.😔 Yesterday I was carrying a rug around a store and then after my wrist started aching. Today I moved a window air conditioner and a dresser and my wrist feels like it slightly aches again so now my mind is going a million miles an hour in fear. My stomach feels kind of queasy and I just realized I haven’t eaten since noon and it’s almost 8 at night and I’m not even that hungry. I am so tired of living in fear but these symptoms are real 😔

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    In fact my temp is around 96-97....I’m scared a low body temp is a sign of something.
    That's not low body temperature at all Just sounds like the dragon is breathing fire down you neck as he's done many times before.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I just know that I usually am not one who usually gets cold and lately I just keep feeling cold but it’s not like I have a fever. The house can be 72 degrees and I just feel cold and I notice it mainly at night and when I first wake up. I am in tears and I don’t even know why. I am so very sick of random constant symptoms. I got a book on anxiety and I am trying so hard to help myself. I want to go and talk to someone but I am embarrassed. I want all of these symptoms to just go away. I am so tired of living in fear every single day. I have this fear that I’m going to wake up one day with cancer. I can’t shake it. As long as the symptoms are there I will worry. I’m so sad that this is what my life has become. I feel like I’ll never get free.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    I want to go and talk to someone but I am embarrassed.
    There's nothing to be embarrassed about. If you're hurting, you seek help. You've been dealing with this for over 3 years here on the forum and its not really moved you toward a healing path so...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

You’re right. I have been struggling with this since I was 14 ish and I am now 19 but I’ve been on this forum for 3 years. It started with me feeling a bubbling chest in my chest. I googled it and it said heart failure and I still remember the panic that set in. That was what set my anxiety off. This forum has been a place for me where I know people understand. My friends laugh at me, I cant say I blame them since they don’t worry the way I do. Before I was 18 I had tried to talk to my school counselors, my parents, I was kind of treated like it was foolish. I tried bringing it up with my doctor a few times. Last time he just shook his head and told me to just make a separate appointment if I really wanted to talk about anxiety. But every time I’ve been there I’ve been so worried about other symptoms that I feel like they are more important because they are so real if they makes sense. I just took a shower and saw grey-ish around my armpit area on both sides. I almost drove myself to the ER until I realized it was just dye from the black shirt I wore today as it came off with water and soap. Now I feel like my chest is hurting me but I’m not sure if this is caused my anxiety. My stomach is upset, my neck is bothering me. Surprisingly I don’t feel cold so they symptom seems to be gone at least for now. I just don’t feel good right now. I can’t sleep and my heart is pounding. I am making an appointment on Monday to talk about my anxiety. I’m not doing myself any favor by pushing it off. I should made a separate appointment for anxiety a long time ago. This has to get better😔

Glad to hear that. Also, every state in the US has mental health help. They can help refer, work with you on cost etc. There are also groups in many areas that meet weekly and provide support. Let us know how you get on with the doctor.

Positive thoughts

Well, last night I began to slight chest pains in the left side and I could feel my heart racing and no matter what I tried it wouldn’t stop. I finally ended up going to the ER. Of course they take heart things very seriously. They immediately hooked me up to a EKG machine. My heart rate was up to 130. The nurses were rushing and I could tell how worried they were which made me even more nervous. My parents didn’t even know I was there. The EKG results came back and the doctor said al was well- besides the fact that my heart rate was up so high. I told him that I think it was from my anxiety. We talked, he listened. My heart rate still wasn’t coming down but he gave me some anxiety medicine in my IV. Honestly, I kind of feel like it worked but for a very short amount of time because then my heart rate climbed back up. They took blood to check my thyroid, CBC,and a ton of other blood tests. He came in and told me all came back fine. He gave me some medicine through my IV to again try and lower my heart rate. I went in with it st 130 and left with it around 105 ish. He told me that he does not believe anything serious is going on, but that he is Sendjng me to a cardiologist who may want to put me on beta blockers since my blood pressure shot up too. He told me the anxiety medicine should help me today and he prescribed me pills for a week but I am so terrified that there is something wrong with my heart now. I don’t feel it pounding anymore but I do feel a slight pressure in my left side. I am relieved that I finally have some medication to hopefully help and I am planning on following his advice and making appointments regarding my anxiety. Has anyone else been referred to a cardiologist? If there was something wrong with my heart surely it would have showed in the EKG?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information