Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Chills at night?

Re: Chills at night?

Thank you so much for your reply! You are right I need to just relax! I remember when I first started worrying obsessively about health I truly thought I was alone and just “strange.” I know my family is just shaking their heads at me and doesn’t understand the way users on this forum do. The doctor today told me that counseling is probably necessary in my case to get better to help with my reasoning. I left that urgent care pretty upset at him telling me he is not going to give me an X-ray when he doesn’t see a reason to. At work I thought about it and I honestly respect for it. He probably could have made the urgent care more money by running it, yet he truly does not believe it is necessary and did not want to expose me to any additional unneeded radiation.

Four doctors not have had an examination of me, I need to get myself into therapy and be able to put this to rest

Your reasoned, logical and rational thinking evidenced in your last post is exactly how you are going to get a grip on your anxiety. Keep that up! It takes a lot of practice and you'll certainly have downer days but that's OK. Use your doctor's words from today and go back to them whenever you're feeling anxious. They are true and real. You can hold onto them.

Best Wishes

I have some of the similar issues six years ago I had horrible pains left side down my ribs and chest and back worried it was heart attack kept checking my pulse, nope all due to my anxiety. I will get flares up when I am anxious. Therapy has helped me

Thank you so much for your reply. It’s crazy, I actually just woke up in the middle of the night with these same symptoms again. It’s like a tightness in the left side of my chest and almost a burning sensation but not really. It’s hard to explain. I almost feel like it goes into my arm too but that may be my head making it up. I’m starting to freak out and I’m trying to focus on my breathing and not my heart. I took my blood pressure and it’s high and my pulse is around 90. I’m really scared it’s a heart attack or something but I’m not even 20 yet so I know it’s probably rare. I’m trying to remind myself a few months ago I had these symptoms and got checked out really well and they all just thought it was anxiety. I did take myself off of my anxiety meds like two months ago or so. I have started a new job and am gone 12 hours a day everyday and I’m just stressed because it’s a stressful job and everything is too much. And now I have chest pains on top of that
    Last edited by UserName20; 18-12-19 at 13:53.

This is just the most frustrating thing ever. This entire thing completely disappeared for a little Over three months but has now returned. I’m so terrified it’s something serious but the logical side of my brain is questioning how it would have disappeared for three months if it was serious? I don’t know. I have absolutely no time to go to the doctor with my work schedule and I’m still in my probation beginner period so I don’t want to be late or anything. The pain is not constant. It’s like it’s there and then it’s not and then it is. It’s just a tightness and pain feeling. Sometimes almost like a burning. I was running around quite a bit at work, I even jumped around trying to exercise but the pain didn’t worse . I started focusing on my breathing to make sure I could breathe right and then I started freaking out jn the car and felt like I couldn’t get a deep breath in. I know my doctor thought last time I had acid reflux but he never did any test to confirm that. I was wondering if I should run to urgent care in the morning and have them do another EKG although I just had one done in September and in July and they were fine. Or a chest X-ray or something, but then I’m terrified they will find a tumor. I’m September the urgent care dr had told me he rewlly did not want to do a chest X-ray as he told me at my age of 19 and having never smoked with jk family
    History a blood clot just seemed unlikely. But I’m worried about a tumor now or that something is wrong with my heart. I just can’t handle this I definitely feel like I’m dying and I’m spiraling very badly and am back to feeling so hopeless after having a good couple months. I felt so great I took myself off of my anxiety medication. My mind is already going back to not being able to grow old or ever have kids or marry my boyfriend. This morning my boyfriend and I were in Walmart and I just “had” to stop at the blood pressure machine and my blood pressure was pretty high- my heart rate was also 104. I don’t have money to be running to the ER and last time I did that in the middle of the night without my parents knowing I just made a big mess. But I also don’t want anything to happen to me!
    Last edited by UserName20; 19-12-19 at 06:08.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    I felt so great I took myself off of my anxiety medication.
    Begin taking your anxiety medication again. You felt great because you were being correctly treated.

Thank you. I just keep feeling this pain/tightness in the left side of my chest. I’m terrified it’s a tumor or heart problems.

Thank you. I just keep feeling this pain/tightness in the left side of my chest. I’m terrified it’s a tumor or heart problems.
    From 2016...

Hey! This is my first post on this site, I'm looking forward to seeing more posts! Basically I'm a female and I'm 16. My extreme health anxiety began last summer and it's been tormenting me ever since. This time it's the most scared I've ever been. It started last night, I got this bit of pain in the left side of my chest where my heart is. Of course I began obsessing over that spot. After reading horrible stories on google I was afraid and when I was finally able to sleep a bit I woke up this morning and it didn't really hurt except for when I breathed very deeply in. I instantly thought I should go to the ER, I was shaking uncontrollably and couldn't stop I was so terrified. Well, throughout the day when I'm distracted I actually don't really feel the pain or pressure but it comes back and then I get panicked again. I told my parents my fears, they told me it was indigestion. I have been burping/hiccuping a lot today but of course my mind is telling me this is a heart attack, heart failure, or something else horrible. I have such a fear of Doctors, I know they would run tests and confirm my worst fears. The pain isn't severe at all, it's just a slight twinge of pain and other than that it's just a bit of pressure. I thought I was doing good because most of the day today I didn't feel much but now it's night when everybody is sleeping and I feel it back again, I'm so terrified. Can anyone help calm me down a bit? I know this is most likely indigestion fueled majorly by my anxiety, but I just can't get these tormenting thoughts out of my head no matter how hard I try.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You’re right and I am trying to remind myself that this has all happened before. I just cannot shake the feeling that something is wrong. It’s like something just feels tight and it’s on and off. And the more I focus on it the worse it gets.

Yesterday my chest felt normal. I barely noticed anything. And now I’m back to feeling a squeezing in my left chest but by my left breast. I don’t know what to do. I have no time to run to urgent care with my job and I am really horrified right now. I don’t want to spend the holidays learning what’s wrong with me. I feel like I’m screaming and nobody can hear me

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information