Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chills at night?

Re: Chills at night?

Call your GP and make the appointment to discuss your anxiety. They'll have records of your ER visit. Increased heart rate and BP is a common symptom of panic and anxiety. The tests showed nothing physical was wrong. The ER doc was quite aware it was anxiety and was practicing CYA medicine by suggesting the referral. Beta blockers are commonly used to quell the physical effects of panic and anxiety but further medication is worth discussing as well as therapy.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 28-07-19 at 16:29.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I don't think they'd have sent you home if they were concerned. I've not been referred to a cardiologist, (but our health system is quite different to yours) but I've had ECG's and a 24 hour tape. As FMP said, panic and anxiety can increase your heart rate and BP. The cardiac review will hopefully put your mind at rest and it's great you're going to work on your anxiety. Good luck

Thank you guys. The left side of my chest still feels tight. I have absolutely no appetite. I haven’t eaten all day and I literally just cannot eat. I took the anxiety medicine. I can just feel my heart racing all over again and I am in tears. I am so afraid my heart is failing. Nothing is helping my anxiety right now. The medicine at the hospital barely seemed to help. I feel so trapped. I truly feel like I’m dying.

I definitely do feel for you in this situation because it’s extremely similar to health anxiety I go through almost annually. I want to just let you know that even after the past ten years of regularly believing my heart is failing or I’m having a heart attack, nothing has ever actually been wrong with my heart.

I do have some risk factors (family history of heart disease, & I’m very overweight) but even with those, all I have is slightly elevated blood pressure and resting heart rate that the docs believe is mostly anxiety related. (Edit: I say “mostly” because my weight does play a part in my BP.)

I took beta blockers for a year but was able to get off of them because the issue is largely just anxiety. When I have that under control, my heart feels better!

I’m saying all this just to show you that even as someone with a few risk factors & someone who has been extremely, intensely scared about heart stuff in the past, my heart is okay.

When I have frequent panic attacks, I get a tight chest, shortness of breath, dizziness and sweating, back or neck pain, stiff jaw... all things that sound like a surefire heart problem, but it’s always, completely, totally anxiety. Getting your anxiety taken care of and getting on some meds that will help you manage those symptoms will probably make a huge difference in what you’re dealing with right now!

Thank you! I know how worried you must have been too. Anything to do with the heart is awfully scary. I’m glad that all is well with yours and you can relax! I am going to my regular dr in about 30 minutes. I feel like the medication they gave me for anxiety is helping. I am still worried, but I feel calm is that makes sense. It has definitely helped me get through the nights sleeping. Today I woke up and I am pretty nervous about my appointment. The left side of my chest feels tight. I took some of the anxiety medication, took a hot shower, and I still feel this pressure in my chest. I don’t necessarily feel my heart racing but I’m just getting myself worked up over this appointment I guess!

Of course I had googled and it said that chest pain signals heart failure. If my heart was failing would my EKG have came back something other than normal?

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    Of course I had googled
    If you hold your hand over a flame, you're sure to get burned.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Just got back from my doctor. We finally had an open conversation about my anxiety. He saw all the tests they had done in my heart. They took my blood pressure and it was a little high but the nurse said not too bad. He told me to stop taking the anxiety medicine that was prescribed because it is addictive. He instead is prescribing me medication to take daily and told me to only take what the ER gave me if I feel a panic attack coming on

I mentioned them wanting to refer me to a cardiologist and he really wouldn’t say much besides that he would prefer we try the medicine he is prescribing before any talk of beta blockers. I’m confused. He listened to my heart and didn’t say anything. Does this mean my heart is okay and this was all anxiety related??? I’m scared to not make an appointment with a cardiologist but it seems as if he disagreed with the ER doctor’s advice

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    Just got back from my doctor. We finally had an open conversation about my anxiety. He saw all the tests they had done in my heart. They took my blood pressure and it was a little high but the nurse said not too bad. He told me to stop taking the anxiety medicine that was prescribed because it is addictive. He instead is prescribing me medication to take daily and told me to only take what the ER gave me if I feel a panic attack coming on
    Listen to your personal doctor. He knows you.

Positive thoughts

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information