Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chills at night?

Re: Chills at night?

I have all went all day today mostly fine. At work my coworker was talking about feeling her pulse. I felt mine and mine felt fast again. I counted to six and multiplied by 6 and got at least 100. I can’t stop feeling it and now the tightness in my chest has returned and I can feel my heart beating. I am so tired of this I am so terrified. I really believe I am dying. I feel like my heart is going to end up failing. These anxiety pills the dr gave me he told me would take up to a month to have any effect. He told me to only take the stronger anxiety meds the ER dr gave me if i feel like I need to go to the hospital again. I can’t do this. This can’t all be anxiety I can FEEL something isnt right with my heart. I know I had an EKG that didn’t show anything besides my rate being fast, blood tests, and the dr listened to my heart yesterday but he didn’t take my pulse yesterday. I’m scared I told them I feel like this is my anxiety and that I’m wrong and something is actually wrong!!

I have never been this bad. I can’t wait a month and see if the medicine the doctor gave me starts to kick in. I’m terrified that this isn’t anxiety. I’m back to feeling this weird tightness in my chest. The sad thing is that when I was at the hospital the other night they gave me anxiety medicine through my IV to calm me down and i was still panicking. I feel like nothing will ever help me I don’t know what to do or where to go

There was no worse feeling than being left in a freezing hospital room with the curtain closed with my phone across the room from me and being connected to a bunch of monitors not being able to move and having my parents have no clue where I was at 3 am. I ended up yelling for a nurse and probably sounding crazy

Last night I had this burning in the left side of my chest that had me so scared. I asked my parents to take me to the ER and they told me absolutely not and instead gave me medicine for heart burn despite my pleas to just let me go. The medicine didn’t rewlly do anything. It was worse when lying down. I woke up this morning and still had it. I went back to her and now it’s 9 am and I feel a little better but I’m still terrified. The first thought my mind goes to is my heart and as soon as I woke up I could just feel it pounding again. When I was worried last night my dad made me take my blood pressure despite be being really nervous while he strapped the thing to my arm. My blood pressure was I think 129/80 ( the bottom number may be off ) and my heart rate was back up to 110. My dad explained to me that wince I was as nervous as I was my normal heart rate most likely is not that high but I am just living in a constant panic right now . All I can focus on is This poudbjng a d tightness in my chest that isn’t going go away

Wow I can really see what a panic I was in the other night. Today my chest does not feel to be burning as much. I had called my doctor yesterday and asked what heartburn medicine was okay to take and he told the nurse which one I can take. He wasn’t overly worried about the heart burn but it rewlly was scary. I’m still terrified it’s going to come back. I tossed and turned all night and was nervous even though it felt fine. Now I keep feeling like my arms/hands are kind of tingling or burning. I’m not going to google. I was at work all day today and finally felt like myself again. Before work I was scared about my arms, at work we were so busy my mind was too busy to think of any weird symptom. I think this is a step towards improvement. It’s been a really rough week. Today was the first day I feel like I have almost felt like myself again. Like I haven’t felt like I was dying. I’m praying it continues and that the anxiety medicine my doctor prescribed starts helping.

Yesterday was a good day besides some burning in my arms. As soon as I went to lay down last night my heart started burning though. I keep feeling like I need to burp. And then the panic set in. I realized that my arms burning all day was a sign of a heart attack. I took my blood pressure with the monitor we have at home. I have no idea if it’s wvwn accurate. A few nights ago when I was scared it read my pulse as 110. Last night my pulse never read higher than mid 80’s. My blood pressure went up a bit but is now reading 120 ish. I asked my dad if I could go to urgent care and ask them about my burning arms and heart burn. My parents are incredibly annoyed it’s me and keep reminding me that my EKG and blood tests at the hospital were normal. My doctor listened to my heart Tuesday and took my blood pressure. They didn’t seem concerned. But I can’t deal with this. I know for a fact I’m dying.

I googled if the anxiety medication the doctor prescribed me could cause heart burn and it said it could. I’m on day 4. The doctor said with my CBC my blood was clotting fine or something to that nature. He had told me almost a week ago that he did not feel like anything serious was going on. And he referred me to a cardiologist because he said they may want to put me on beta blockers. I visited my normal doctor instead who told me to hold off on beta blockers and to just try the thing he’s prescribing first and that he may need to up the dosage. I guess the question I have is how can I not be incredibly worried?? How can I ignore the burning in my arms or the burning in my chest? Could this really all just be anxiety? I’m scared I’m going to have a heart attack or that my heart is failing or who knows what else
    Last edited by UserName20; 03-08-19 at 14:07.

What medication did your doctor prescribe? Are you getting any other help with your anxiety?

My pill bottle says Escitalopram oxalate. I just keep trying to remind myself that all of the tests I had at the hospital showed nothing was wrong and now my heart rate is more in control. My blood pressure goes up and down according to this monitor but hasn’t gotten too high. I know my family thinks I’m nuts. My doctor only suggested medication but told me it would be about a month before I see any improvement and that he will see me and see if he needs to up the dosage. I feel like I need more than just medication to help though

I think there is a subforum for escitalopram in the medication section on here. It does often take a few weeks for the meds to kick in and settle down. Keep reminding yourself that the tests were clear and your doctor was not worried. If he took your blood pressure, perhaps there is no need to be monitoring it at home? Unless he said to. Otherwise you will just fuel your worries with checking it yourself.
    What about looking into some therapy?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information