Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chills at night?

Re: Chills at night?

I've got a few hours free; feel free to drop me a PM if you'd like to talk.

Thank you so much for responding to me. I feel like in the middle of the night my anxiety gets worse when I wake up and everyone is sleeping and I feel so alone. My blood pressure is 111/77 and my pulse is 80 now. I’m starting to feel more calm. I think I’m going to go to my regular dr tomorrow and just express my concerns to him. I know they have already ran an EKG and the Er dr told me a couple of weeks ago he didn’t feel like anything serious was going on. A couple of days later my regular dr took my bp and listened to my heart and then mostly wanted to discuss my anxiety. And then a few days after that a cardiac nurse practitioner at an urgent care listened to my heart and assured me everything sounded perfectly normal. Surely if there was something wrong with my heart it would have been detected? My normal doctor told me if I start feeling my heart racing and as if I need to go to the ER to take the Ativan the Er prescribed to me for panic attacks. However I’m too scared to take any even though the dr said it was okay with my regular antidepressant. I just feel like I have so many different things coming at me at once... I am so stressed about paying these medical bills and college. I am so sad and scared that I’m dying. I feel like since I started these antidepressants I have been more emotional. I want to grow old with my boyfriend and finish my second year of college
    Last edited by UserName20; 15-08-19 at 09:16.

My dad told me at this point the hospital would want to put me in the psychiatric unit . And honestly, if that’s what I need then so be it. Last night I had a panic attack and then I went to sleep and I had a dream I was having a brain MRI and brain surgery. I’m aware at how silly this sounds but this is torture. I’m calling a place and asking about counseling tomorrow. I really wish my antidepressant would kick in
    Last edited by UserName20; 16-08-19 at 01:09.

I am trying my best to just enjoy my day but I can’t. I am so scared this chest pain is something serious and I’m going to die. I know I keep posting but I am honestly starting to lose it

Take a breath. The chest pain is likely just muscle tension caused by anxiety.

Thank you I’m starting to think so too. Last night my boyfriend and I watched a movie and I didn’t notice it at all during that. This new medicine is just making me fly off the handle. I’ve been randomly thrashing out in anger st everyone. My boyfriend and family have been telling me I’m a completely different person and it’s almost like I feel depressed now with it

It might be your anxiety which is causing you to feel like a different person. It could be the meds, but it's hard to say. I know I can be quite snappy when I'm stressed out. The fact that you didn't have any chest tightness while you were distracted supports the fact it's most likely being caused by anxiety. See how it goes and do check out getting some therapy.

Thank you for responding. I’m starting to agree with you too, it may just be my anxiety. I felt better almost all day yesterday, barely as any chest tightness at all. Today I woke up feeling great this morning up until about 11. A member at the church I was in is actually having heart surgery this week. And suddenly my chest began feeling tight and now it is back to this horrible, tight feeling. How selfish of me. There is someone with an actual heart condition requiring surgery and somehow I start worrying about myself again.

I have been having a horrible time sleeping at night. I tossed and turned last night all night and had nightmares yet again regarding heart surgery. A few nights ago I had a dream I was having brain surgery. ItÂ’s like even when IÂ’m asleep my mind cannot shut off. I am trying so hard to ignore this tightness IÂ’m feeling but I canÂ’t stop worrying. I know the ekg and blood tests were fine, a few doctors listened to my heart. IÂ’m only 19 but I am worried I have blockages in my heart and that is what this tightness is. But the tightness isnÂ’t always there... itÂ’s on and off. It doesnÂ’t make sense. 😔😔 I am just trying to go out and distract myself but nothing works. My boyfriend was talking about getting married someday earlier. I blurted out “If this doesn’t kill me first.” Without even thinking and he just gave me this look like I’m out of my mind.

I have decided I am going back to my GP tomorrow. I’m 19 so I still go to a pediatrician until I’m 21. Sometimes I feel silly still going to a pediatrician. I keep talking myself out of going. I’m just going to go there and explain the chest tightness. The urgent care doctor told me I had acid reflux or GERD from the first medication. I’ll mention that too. I just want to have an honest talk with him about how I’ve felt since I started my antidepressant. Today my throat started burning with the chest tightness and I keep feeling like I have to burp and at some point some not so tasty stuff came up... gross right? I am terrified. I hope it’s not my heart or cancer of any kind. I haven’t been able to sleep well at all. I have had such bad nightmares. I just feel like my world is crashing down. I will certainly go talk to him tomorrow. 😔

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information