Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chills at night?

Re: Chills at night?

I think that's fine to go and talk to them, just be sure to talk about your anxiety about it all. Good luck.

Usually I can get in the day that I call. However today when I called they asked me if I was sick or just a recheck-up. ( the lady at the desk knows my name and me calling by now ) I told her it was a re-checkup and she told me they can see me on Thursday. I think right now I just have so much that’s stressing me out. My health is stressing me out and giving me anxiety, I’ve been having horrible nightmares and can’t get my mind off of my chest, the medical bill from the ER and urgent care are eating me alive, I’m trying to figure out it college is even possible at this point while trying not to disappoint my boyfriend or his parents. I know stress can hurt the body physically and I think I’m falling down that hole. I apologize for all of my venting and rambling. I just can’t even begin to explain how stressed and horrible I feel

See your doctor. Discuss how you're feeling. It's very possible the med you're on isn't a good match for you. I told you my daughter went through this with several medications and the cross tapering and increased anxiety until they found the right med and dosage.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you Fishman, I’m definitely going to be explaining all of this to my doctor. I know on the medicine I haven’t quite given it a month. This tightness in my chest is just relentless. I drank milk awhile ago and it’s like fluids keep trying to come back up. Nasty tasting and hurting my throat. the urgent care cardiac nurse practitioner gave me a paper on GERD but I took Prilosec for the two weeks and it didn’t help much. I am so desperate to feel better at this point. I don’t even want to sleep because I know I’m going to have nightmares of being diagnosed with who knows what. Is it possible that anxiety can be causing this chest tightness I feel almost constantly?? My boyfriend is starting to tell me I’ve just been acting too different lately. My entire world feels like it’s caving in. I have been taking my blood pressure so much at home using my mom’s machine j managed to break it. I’m terrified for my appointment tomorrow. I don’t know if my dr will pin it to anxiety or send me to the hospital or want an angiogram or what will happen! If it’s not my heart I’m scared of cancer. I really want to just go to the hospital and beg them to not send me home until they know what’s wrong with me. Yet at this rate With these medical bills I have already ruined my college this semester. I reached my deductible and since I’m 19 and on my partners insurance theirs will Kick in a little. I can’t live in this fear. I’m driving myself and everyone around me mad.
    Last edited by UserName20; 22-08-19 at 06:14.

I don’t know how I even feel. I am scaring myself 😔 isn’t it crazy I starred this thread panicking about being cold and now I’m into this.. I try to explain things to my dad and unfortunately I am just yelled at and cussed at and called stupid for going to the dr tomorrow. I am just in tears and feel like I’m at my wits end.
    Last edited by UserName20; 22-08-19 at 07:01.

Well, I don't think you're stupid going to your doctor. Unfortunately, anxiety problems can be very difficult to understand if you've not suffered them, and I'm sure most of us can relate to being told to "pull yourself together", which never helps. What I do think is that you need to talk to your doctor about your anxiety, how it's affecting every area of your life, and that you need some help with it. And throw that blood pressure monitor away!

I just got back from the doctor. I explained everything to him and told him about my urgent care visit and everything. I told him I had tightness in my chest and he told me it very well may be anxiety feeding in to it. He prescribed me a proton pump for acid reflux and has doubled my antidepressant as I told him all of the nightmares and that I haven’t been feeling better. He told me the ekg and blood tests would have showed something wrong with my heart. I was completely honest with him. I spewed information 20 miles an hour and he just smiled and listened patiently. He told me to eat smaller meals throughout the day and that exercise can get my mind off things. I want to believe that I’m in good hands. He pressed on my stomach and throat and didn’t listen to my heart though and I really wish he would have. My grandma told me it’s because he knows my heart is fine. I still kind of want a chest X-ray or mri to make sure there’s no tumor.

It felt really nice to have someone in person just let me ramble the way I did

Well that sounds positive to me. I suspect your Grandma is right and your doc deliberately didn't listen to your chest or arrange further investigations. The trouble is that it just reinforces the cycle of reassurance. Your heart has been checked very recently and doesn't need checking again. You'd have had a chest x-ray or MRI if your doctors thought you needed one. Even if you doubt the paediatrician, you've seen several other clinicians who've all said the same thing. It's highly unlikely they'd all be wrong. Now, I know I'm nagging, but what about that therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    It felt really nice to have someone in person just let me ramble the way I did
    Even more reason to have some therapy!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information