Thread: Panic attacks? I’ve never had them before !

Panic attacks? I’ve never had them before !

Hi everyone! Wow it’s been a while since I’ve been here ! I hope everyone is doing well!

I’m hoping someone can help me out a little! Around a month ago I had an hour or so of extreme stomach pain! Completely horrific it was making me wretch and I couldn’t move due to the pain! The doctors said it sounded like gastritis! I’ve never had this before and after an hour or so it went away!

Anyway since then I’m finding it hard to completely relax due to fear of it happening again! Although I thought it wasn’t affecting me too much anxiety wise! However I’d say almost every day now I’m getting hot flushes that make me feel like I’m going to pass out! Like my vision is going to close in! It doesn’t last long but it’s Happening a lot! Last night i actually shot up in bed and felt like everything g j side me was shutting down and my eye sight was going black! Are these panic attacks? I’m not sure what they feel like as I’ve never really suffered with them strangely
    Thank you 🖤

Re: Panic attacks? I’ve never had them before !

Definitely sounds like panic to me, my mum has an episode of gastritis early this year. Definitely very painful and understandable that it’s left you worrying that it could come back. This is just the after effects really, as time goes on you’ll be able to move past it, as long as you let yourself.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ah thank you so much! Gosh these panic attacks are really kicking my ass! I’m finding it so hard to just relax and just think what will be will be !

Quote Originally Posted by anxietyoverload View Post
    Ah thank you so much! Gosh these panic attacks are really kicking my ass! I’m finding it so hard to just relax and just think what will be will be !
    Its tough, the best thing I’ve found is just accept that it’s an attack and just let it do its thing, knowing that it can’t hurt you and it’s nothing to fear - just your mind being overprotective telling you to be scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thread Information