Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to work tomorrow

Re: Back to work tomorrow

The trick with this is learning to answer your own questions.

I know I’ve also gone up to 150mg of sertraline now so I know I’m going to have side effects from that too, it’s all around my tummy I can deal with other side effects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically the reasons I’m having tummy troubles are:

My anxiety
    Ibs
    Increase of dosage on sertraline to 150mg
    Body sensitivity

I’ve had blood tests and stool tests to rule out other things

Please someone tell me this is correct I’m at work and I really don’t want to go home

You can't carry on like this, Jonny - it's not fair on you or us. Remember you're having a panic attack and reassure yourself accordingly.

But I can deal with the other symptoms my tummy is just effecting me so much, and I just want a reasoning for it

You have the reasons, you've been given them countless times. Just re-read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    So basically the reasons I’m having tummy troubles are:

My anxiety
    Ibs
    Increase of dosage on sertraline to 150mg
    Body sensitivity

I’ve had blood tests and stool tests to rule out other things

Please someone tell me this is correct I’m at work and I really don’t want to go home
    The key is to tell yourself this. You've had a dozen threads in the last month, dozens of reassuring replies and you're still seeking it Download the FREE CBT workbooks and do some self help.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Blue is right, you have the reasons, and you've even repeated them yourself above. You have repeated the reasons for having tummy problems entirely correctly on here, now you just say them to yourself - over and over. You have CAUSE and EFFECT for the sudden stomach changes, and you know that in all our PMs and communication on this thread I have stated things to you exactly as your GP later has and recognise them myself. Read this thread again, and the other one about your stomach issues, the answers are all there.

I have had IBS for 30 years (started in my 20s, before it was probably even coined as IBS LOL); it is just something I live with, like all the others. Its benign, it causes no longer term issues and acceptance is needed. I also have intolerances to various foods, which have developed as I've become older, including high fat contents, garlic, onions, peppers, tomatoes and a few others, but those aren't the primary issues - levels of anxiety and stress cause most problems with my stomach and bowels. It just IS what it is, its not true illness (although it can cause gas, pain, odd stools, feeling sick blah blah) and it is something you just need to accept and get on with. You can buy pretty good IBS books online, which might help you to understand about gut mobility and the causes of constipation and loose motions. IBS can make you feel rubbish, sometimes I am frustrated and upset by it and feel crap, but I know that I just have to get on with it and time will sort it out. Why not order a book ?

Thank you carys I know you’re right and you’ve been amazing to me through this it’s just last couple of days I’ve felt slight improvement and then bang it hits me again that’s where I fall and feel like I’m failing

You will get better days and worse days, you can get a few really bad days, then months with nothing, then a few months of low grade stuff, a day of terrible symptoms. Any pattern is possible Jonny, and sadly even your worrying about it now can make it happen and get worse. Just acceptance is needed and getting on with your life. I and others have had years of acceptance and dealing with it, so to be honest its boring and predictable, you haven't yet - and I hope you don't! I can understand how you can imagine, as you are new to this, that it 'must be something else' but it won't be.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information