Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

I have just cross tapered from 20mg escitalopram to 150mg venlafaxine (1 week on 75mg and now just finished a week on 150mg so two weeks in total, and am still taking 30mg mirtazapine at night which I hope to start reducing someday if this venlafaxine ever kicks in 🙄. I have had a few days of feeling a bit more positive and think my mood has lifted slightly but I still don稚 feel right (a kind of functioning while teetering on the edge of a cliff kind of feeling) . Today the anxiety has been rough after quite a full-on CBT session yesterday and ended up having to take a diazepam which I really have been trying my best not to go down that route. I値l have intrusive thoughts about something for a few days then once I manage to resolve that issue in my head something else will pop up and start driving me nuts. Is this normal two weeks in or should I give it a bit longer and start feeling better soon?

Re: Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

Believe me its normal as I in the same situation. I am cross tapering from 30mg Mirt to 75mg Ven and this is now 2 1/2 weeks since starting the Ven and 4 days of 15mg Mirt. My Anxiety has rocketed but I do feel different but its hard to explain. This is very early days for us and I'm going to go 150mg of Ven on Wednesday when I see my GP. First off I come home from work and went straight to bed but the last few nights I wake after a couple of hours wired and have to get up, after 4am I just give in and shower and dress. I have to use half of my Zopliclone in the day to keep calm and I take one at night which knocks me out but like I said, two hours later I'm downstairs in a right old panic.

I would say tuff it out, that's what I'm going to do and I just hope that in a month or so I will feel better. Take comfort in that I feel similar to you and understand the frustration but stick with it.

Thanks Maca, I do have days where I’m feeling positive that it will all work out so hopefully that’s a sign that things are on the up. I personally think that staying on the Mirtazapine is what is getting me through as it makes me sleep like a log, I just don’t like the weight gain as I’ve gained two stone in the 14 months I have taken it. My psychiatrist is happy for me to continue taking the two together as it’s supposed to be a good combo but will just see how it goes.

I was given a weeks supply of 2mg diazepam tablets to take twice a day but am only taking them if I have a really rough day but they really do help, might be worth asking your GP for some? I find they just calm me enough so I can get on with the day without making me feel numb or dozy. I still feel alert enough and could drive without any problems after taking one (but probably won’t ��)

Yes I've put on 3 stone in 3 yrs on Mirt it gives you a ravenous appetite doesn't it. Yes I'm feeling changes but find it hard to say exactly what it is when I'm so wrapped up in this anxiety. Stick around here and post, it will be helpful to me to see how your doing given we have the same meds and similar time on this med.

Take care

My appetite has completely disappeared at the moment, i致e Just been to Morrison痴 to stock up, I normally love my food and just want to buy everything but today I just couldn稚 find any interest in anything so just grabbed a few ready meals and legged it (after paying obviously).

I知 feeling a bit more energy and making myself get out for regular walks now, just waiting for the underlying sensation of fear and sadness to bugger off

Yes if my anxiety is high I can't eat much. I must start walking again I used to love it and walked everywhere but since this episode of anxiety/mood I just sit about.

Hi Guys hope you dont mind me joining in. I currently just started lofepramine which is an older tricyclic, but works on serotonin and norepinephrine. like your snri.
    anyway theres no lofepramine forum so its a lonely old place.

Hi Jo I started mine on 11th and had a few days where I even had some get up and go and wanting to do things, but since day 9 its been hades. tonight will be 20th dose.

Hi Maca, how are you getting on with the venla?

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    Hi Maca, how are you getting on with the venla?
    Its week 3 today at 75mg and do feel a little better as in I am doing more not just sitting feeling crap. Anxiety is unpredictable so one moment I feel ok then it can turn very quickly into panic mode. Sleep is a issue but I think the drop in Mirt has something to do with that. Its a strange journey and I feel the Ven is doing something because when my anxiety is high I kind of feel bored with it and don't get into such a state, its kind of as if my mind can't be bothered to fight it and it just happens and goes. Early day still and going upto 150mg a week today so bring it on.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information