Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

Re: Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

Hi hope you dont mind me joining in this thread, I'm currently on steraline but hasnt been working so gp is cutting me down on them over the next few weeks to then start venlafaxine she said they seem to work really well with anxiety. I'm a bit nervous about starting another med again as I always seem to get terrible side effects but just want to start feeling a bit like my old self again. Currently feeling crap think its cutting back on the steraline

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    Not feeling so great today, really agitated all day and no idea why. I知 seeing the psychiatrist again on Friday so might need to up the quetiapine again.

DS - what dose are you on now and did you go from 50 to 75 or straight to 100?
    How's it going, Jo? Sending good wishes your way xxx

Not too bad thanks, i’m still getting anxiety spikes but they don’t last long and i’m finding it easier to push through them. Mood is much more stable too.
    This will probably sound really odd but sometimes when I’m listening to music I’m finding myself dancing and feeling completely crazy happy ....but only in my head. Does anyone know what I mean or is it just me

I know exactly what you mean. I often have dance/Trance music on my headphones or in Van at work it makes me feel so good/happy. Not sure if the beat or the fact it takes me into my own little world or both, but it makes me happy.

Yep, I'm with you there. So glad you're doing better Jo, that's fab.

Had my CMHT assessment today, and am surprised to say they are going to refer me to a NHS psychiatrist to assess my meds (the cpn thinks the combo I知 taking might be too much!) and put me forward for some sessions of mindfulness based cognitive therapy. I also called in to my local mind well-being centre and have an appointment in two weeks to chat to someone about the services they can offer me. I知 actually amazed that I got somewhere today 🙂

Thought I'd just say something here as I'm on a combined mirtazapine/venlafaxine treatment also. Maximum dose for both, the depression is very much under control but not the anxiety. I too struggle with my weight on the mirtazapine, I do a lot of nocturnal eating and sometimes feeling like I'm in a trance. I've been brisk walking for the last year or so which has helped to shed some weight but the mirt keeps trying to wreck my progress.

So pleased you're going to get some support from your CMHT Jo. That's really good news. Well done too for contacting Mind. I've used a few of their services and they've been a great support.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thought I'd just say something here as I'm on a combined mirtazapine/venlafaxine treatment also. Maximum dose for both, the depression is very much under control but not the anxiety. I too struggle with my weight on the mirtazapine, I do a lot of nocturnal eating and sometimes feeling like I'm in a trance. I've been brisk walking for the last year or so which has helped to shed some weight but the mirt keeps trying to wreck my progress.
    I get the almost trance state when eating with Mirt, I have been know to wake up about an hour of taking it and go to the kitchen half asleep and eat junk, its very like the munchies after smoking weed. Im now 3 stone heavier than I was before starting it.

I found Mind really helpful so that's a good move there is no harm in trying.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information