Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

Re: Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

Just called my psychiatrist and she said to give it another week and if I still have the thoughts she will think about reducing my dose

Really sorry to hear this Jo, and totally understand. Well done for contacting the psychiatrist, which was the right thing to do. Have you got any strategies you can use for those times? Please remember the Samaritans if you need them, as well as 111/999/A&E. I've just been given some "grounding techniques" to learn, which might be useful to look up? I've not looked at them yet but I'll let you know if they seem helpful.

Hi Jo'
    Sounds like you are struggling and I hope it subsides soon. Im no expert on meds but I do know that taking higher doses does not necessarily mean feeling better than you would feel taking a lower dose so maybe going down would suit you better, obviously something you need to get dr's advice on. I remember having a bad episode on 30mg of Mirt so went upto 45mg but this made me much worse so back to 30mg and things settled again.

If your feeling this bad you need to be around someone don't go through this on your own.

Take care

Well i’ve had a better morning so far, just been keeping busy. Part of my OCD is that I keep on searching online for reassurance about meds, relationships, health issues etc and it went too far yesterday. I guess I just need to hide my ipad and just deal with the anxious feelings as they come without doing the reassurance thing but it’s so hard . I ha e looked up some grounding techniques this morning though DS and will give them a try, but I think that’s enough googling for me today. If I go extremely quiet on here it’s because I am putting the ipad under lock and key fir a while

The best thing I ever did was stop googling anything to do with health or meds. Yes it was hard but always made me worse when I thought it would make me feel better.

Hello everyone, how ya all doing? Jo, sorry you've been struggling xxx

Thanks, not been too bad over the weekend. Felt a bit irritable here and there and have had this sensation in the back of my mind that i’m about to lose control but have managed not to .

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    Thanks, not been too bad over the weekend. Felt a bit irritable here and there and have had this sensation in the back of my mind that i’m about to lose control but have managed not to .
    Well, that's progress! And I know what you mean re googling stuff. That's always a sign that I'm struggling a bit.

I'm 5 weeks in tomorrow and last week was generally good, but really dipped over the weekend. I think it's the ups and downs of this medication/ illness that are the most exhausting, to be honest. What a rollercoaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    Sounds like an ok weekend Jo, not great but not bad either, pretty much the same here but cant grumble too much its still better than it was.

Hi all, hope you’re all ok.

Well this week has has mostly been ok for me, anxiety has been in the background but much more manageable. I had a lovely day at the beach with my partner and son yesterday.

I started feeling the signs of a cold yesterday and thought I would try taking some night nurse last night as my sleep has been a bit all over the place the last few nights. It knocked me right out and I slept right through until 10.30 this morning, 2 hours late taking my venlafaxine and feel quite depressed again today. Just wondering if anyone knows, can just a couple of hours late cause a significant change in mood? Feeling like i’ve taken a huge step backwards today.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information