Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

Re: Venlafaxine/mirtazapine - feel like I知 never going to get better

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Thanks both. Yep, knocked me out, I've not long woken up.

How are you guys doing today?
    Yes the start of 15mg Mirt I was out of it the next day, I slept like a baby.

Yes good day today actually have interest in garden so been doing that all morning. Abit grumpy first thing but feeling pretty good at the mo. Still getting up x 3 in night but not in a panic just pretty relaxed so have a cuddle with the cat then back to sleep. Ready to up dose of Ven to 150mg and still on 15mg of Mirt. The need to take Zopliclone has reduced so not needing to take it at work as I have not got into a panic.
    Well aware that things change quick but I know things are getting better.

That's so good to hear Maca! I know you've had a difficult time with the switchover, so well done for persevering. Good luck with the increase. Hopefully it will be easier this time around. Enjoy the gardening ��

Thanks

Bloody awful day today, had CBT this afternoon which always sets me off ��. Does anyone know if changing from immediate release to extended can have any side effects? I was taking two 75mg a day until I got my repeat prescription on Tuesday and the doctor said she would just give me one tablet to take.

Didn't i read somewhere that the slow release give less side effects ?

I think you're right Maca. I think it's supposed to keep the level of venlafaxine in your blood steadier. See how it goes Jo. I had trouble with the extended release first time around as I used to withdraw between doses. I don't think that's common though and most people seem to do better on the XR. I'm currently on a mix of both immediate and extended release. Hope the CBT was useful. It can be quite overwhelming sometimes can't it?

Oh well, just having a run of bad days then. I don稚 feel anxious today but just feeling really hopeless again. One minute I think I知 getting there and the next I知 giving up. 😢

Thankfully my Psychologist is on holiday for two weeks so I can have a rest from the CBT...might give the meds more of a chance to kick in so I can deal with it a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    Oh well, just having a run of bad days then. I don稚 feel anxious today but just feeling really hopeless again. One minute I think I知 getting there and the next I知 giving up. 😢

Thankfully my Psychologist is on holiday for two weeks so I can have a rest from the CBT...might give the meds more of a chance to kick in so I can deal with it a bit better
    Yes I know that feeling of having a couple of good days and you think, yes this is it, im better, then out of nowhere you feel crap again. The way I try and deal with it is to expect days where you feel like its square one again then I'm not so disappointed when those days come. Anxiety is so cruel sometimes but still early days for us so keep that in mind.

I’venwoken up this morning in a right old sweat, when will this stop? Two weeks today on 150mg

I know its hard but you just have to be patient and deal with the bad days as best you can, the more frustrated you get the worse its going to be. I can't feel what you feel but all I can say is when I am just saying to myself "When will this stop I can't take anymore" which I have thought over many years it always does stop and things get better, always.

I have always given any new drug 12 weeks to see if it helps and all have gotten me out of a right mess over the years. Not saying you have to wait 12 weeks but just ride this out for now and don't change meds unless you DR agrees.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information