Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worried about or climate

Re: Worried about or climate

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    These protestors are a joke. They do nothing to promote and highlight their cause.
    I'm waiting for one of them to glue themselves to a snow leopard

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why 11 years? Why so precise?
    It's what the UN said.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Best make the most of life then I guess

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    It's what the UN said.
    So it's headline news then? Takes precedence over Brexit and Man United's demise?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Just... Be honest with me - agree that the world is going to end in 11 years, and there's nothing we can do about it!
    So you can't have really understood it then. The more significant date is mid century and the next decade is crucial to being on target for that. That's what they have said. They have not said at 2030 the world ends, it just declines from there. And it wouldn't help if we just kept on wasting and producing more carbon to flick a switch in 2030 to have halved emissions for the target. Again, Frank, catastrophizing and not correctly taking in what is being reported in the same way a doctor says 'I would like x test just to rule out y' and on here it then becomes a cancer someone has.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Again, Frank, catastrophizing and not correctly taking in what is being reported in the same way a doctor says 'I would like x test just to rule out y' and on here it then becomes a cancer someone has.

Quite right, Mr T. This is simply anxiety manifesting/expressing itself in a different form or context. But it's still anxiety that is not being effectively challenged and treated.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Do you have the exact date? I want to plan a party and maybe even hire a band and a footballer to attend

Positive thoughts

I will send over an old retired footballer and an Aussie singer,Shannon Noll.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    So you can't have really understood it then. The more significant date is mid century and the next decade is crucial to being on target for that. That's what they have said. They have not said at 2030 the world ends, it just declines from there. And it wouldn't help if we just kept on wasting and producing more carbon to flick a switch in 2030 to have halved emissions for the target. Again, Frank, catastrophizing and not correctly taking in what is being reported in the same way a doctor says 'I would like x test just to rule out y' and on here it then becomes a cancer someone has.
    I see... I understand now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information