Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Me again

Me again

Oh well I've been doing well for a while now, until recently firstly I've panicked about the heavy bleeding and spotting I've been getting, then straight after my period, I had really sore nipples, sorry if tmi, they have subsided, now I was checking my boob s again tonight, only did this Saturday and everything was fine, and now I'm worrying about a small squishy soft round glandular lump in my right boob, I'm not sure if it's more swollen than usual or if it's me being ocd again, part of me thinks it's perimenopause and then the other part of me thinks it's something sinister, I have lumps exactly the same in other areas I'm not sure why I'm focusing on this particular one, just needed to come on here and right it down, not sure why? Think it helps, as I don't want to involve my family in my irrational fears anymore.

Herbie xxx

Re: Me again

Hi!

I’m going with perimenopause as the issue. I too am dealing with a lot of the same minus heavy bleeding. For some reason peri has made my periods super regular. I also take Chinese herbs to help regulate my symptoms but I deal or have dealt with: sore nipples, random lumps coming or going or staying the same, spotting, breast aches and itchiness and a whole other set that have nothing to do with lady parts. It’s been a journey to say the least.

I think that since you have similar lumps in the same spots on the other breast you should be in the clear. Symmetry is a good thing. Have you had any exams lately? If so, what were those results?

Evening all, I decided to use an old thread of mine as it's the same subject, so once again my health anxiety has flared again, not total panic but fretting over this same round smooth squishy lump, in my right boob, which feels like other lumps in the same boob but for some reason this one has grabbed my attention again, I have a smaller one in the exact same place in the other boob but I can't help but fret, when I lay flat you can barely feel anything, I noticed this a couple of months ago but I'm sure it was there last year when I was worried about a stretch mark in the opposite boob , anyway sorry for going on any word of comfort are welcome.

Thanks
    Herbie

Hi Herbie, I bet it has something to do with perimenopause, I am going through it now, and there is a wonderful site called mysecondspring, google the website, it's very informative for women going through peri, also our boobs can get more lumpy as we age due to thinning skin, I bet it's nothing really to worry about. Do you have a mammo coming up soon or doctor's visit? You could ask them about it then.

Hi there, we don't have mammograms in the uk until you are 50, so that's 4 years, I do have these lumps on various other places on both boobs, I also have one on the opposite boob in the exact same place but its smaller, I'm not sure why I'm stressing over this particular lump when I have many that feel the same, almost gland like smooth, soft, and it sort of moves abit when you push it, I freaked out about this same lump a couple of months ago and then got over it, so I'm hoping it just another stupid obsession, I really wish I could get over the whole boob issue xxx

WOW, here in the states you get them way earlier. I know as we get older our boobs can become lumpier due to hormone changes have you been to your doctor?

I'm so angry with myself for fretting over this glad like lump as I know it's been there ages but my head keeps telling me its something bad again, when I lay flat and use the flat of my hand I can't feel it, it is very smooth flatish and feels like it moves, I was fretting about the same lump 2 months ago then I got over it and now its started again, I really need a kick up the backside, I just wish I could get completely over this bc ha, but I feel like its always going to lurk in the back ground xxx

Evening ladies , I know this is probably getting tedious and I feel really bad that there are people out there suffering with real illnesses but I really have got myself all anxious about this small gland like bump just next to my right nipple, now I have one in the exact same place on the left side but smaller, its soft movable and round and when i lay down you can barely feel anything only if I really prod, I do have other bumps in different areas that feel the exactly the same, my question is how on earth do I get over this stupid obsession with my boobs, this time last year I found a stretch mark that I convinced myself it was a simple, but clearly it wasn't, I'm not a stupid person and I know what to look for in bc but I seem to obsess over different areas at different, does anyone have any advice as to how to get over this incredibly annoying phobia I have, also I'm 99% sure this bump has been there for at least a year many thanks Herbie xxx

Hi ladies I know none has replied yet but I can't get my head around why this nodule type thing didn't bother me for 2 months and know I'm obsessing over it, like I say I have one on the other side that feels exactly the same but smaller and also I'm sure it's always been there , I don't know why my head get stuck on a certain areas at certain times and it take ages to move on, sorry for repeating myself it would just be nice for a friendly reply xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by herbie73 View Post
    Hi ladies I know none has replied yet but I can't get my head around why this nodule type thing didn't bother me for 2 months and know I'm obsessing over it, like I say I have one on the other side that feels exactly the same but smaller and also I'm sure it's always been there , I don't know why my head get stuck on a certain areas at certain times and it take ages to move on, sorry for repeating myself it would just be nice for a friendly reply xxxx

Hey! I'll be your friendly reply. The Female Health Issues board has been pretty quiet the last week or so. I'm waiting on a reply to my post as well. You're in perimenopause, right? I'm just going off of the 73 in your screen name. I'm in perimenopause (71) and it's been a rollercoaster since I turned 41. One of the first symptoms of perimenopause that I only recognized afterwards, was a massive uptick in my health anxiety and anxiety in general. I've always had health anxiety but this was unlike anything I'd experienced before. I track my cycles so I can see when I am feeling most anxious. At 41, I spent 6 months obsessing over a slightly enlarged (shotty) node. Nothing has come of it and it's been 7 years. It's been one thing or another ever since. I get things checked out, like my boob lump. I have panic attacks each time I go to have an u/s or mammo and probably always will but I've gotten much better at asking questions that will put my particular anxiety at ease.

My point is this, increase in anxiety is very common in perimenopause. All of the hormones that used to keep us balanced are all over the place. Some women become extremely depressed, others have a noticeable increase in anxiety. Don't look to your feelings to lead you through this. The fact that you have symmetry is a good thing. Do you have a health professional you can trust? Someone you can go to with these concerns and not be waved off? Finding doctors like that for me was a game changer. I know that I can trust their professional opinion and bring to them any new concerns I have without being labeled a hypochondriac.

As long as you are staying on top of your health checkups, I would say it would be safe to release yourself from this focused fear you have going on right now. It's a rough ride but know that you are in good company. Hope this is helpful!

Here's a list of some of the perimenopause symptoms I've experienced: huge increase in anxiety, adult cystic acne, boob lump, boob pains & itchiness, spotting during sex, hair loss, weight gain, nighttime panic attacks (so fun!), electric sensations in feet during hormonal shift (ruled out MS), throat pain (only during my period), dry skin, constipation, pelvic pain, bladder pain, increase in IBS, diminished libido, reoccurrence of old injuries like plantar fascitis, and (ironically) my periods are like clockwork.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information