Thread: Burning pee - silly mistake

Burning pee - silly mistake

Hi All,

Since Friday night, I've had a burning sensation when I pee.
    I get this occasionally and then it's gone by the next day, but it seems to be sticking around this time.

Saturday I ordered some Urinalysis strips. I have used 1-2 a day since Sunday.
    Sunday and Monday results were fine, no bacteria or nitrites, no protein, no blood.

Today I have used the strips 3 times, and I'm quite concerned because the Protein part has been coming back positive. When I say positive, I mean it's a colour between 0 and trace.

Of course, I've been googling again and ANY protein in your urine can indicate kidney damage, especially in younger individuals. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    The Lansoprazole I'm on can also cause kidney problems.

First day of panicking for some time, but I'm struggling today.

I started CBT for the 3rd time yesterday too, which I have been very nervous about.

Can anyone give me some advice/their own experiences?
    I'm trying to stay away from my doctor surgery because I've been going an awful lot the past few months and need to break the cycle.

Thanks

Re: Burning pee - silly mistake

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM1994 View Post
    Can anyone give me some advice
    Throw the strips away. If you get continued consistent burning, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 30-07-19 at 14:29.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Self diagnosis is the worst thing... never buy stuff like that!

Morning all,

So I ended up going to the Doctor last Thursday. He checked my Urine and agreed he couldn't see anything wrong. He sent it away for analysis anyway and I haven't heard anything since so guess it's all OK. He really didn't seem concerned at the time, and normally any worries I have he tries to put at ease.

The burning/stinging went away on Monday, but it came back again last night. Now all sorts of things are going through my head. The burning/stinging feeling/pain is there constantly.

My doctor said that the Urinalysis rules out anything bladder/prostate infection/inflammation related.

I'm just concerned about anything genital related now, and reading on Google previously (not recently) has put awful things in my head about things that start mild but can escalate to anything serious quickly.

Unfortunately, I would be unable to go and see my doctor until Tuesday next week and this is giving me more anxiety too. Starting to really panic.

I've had a lot of personal and work-related issues recently too and had a MASSIVE career setback but trying to keep on top of my anxiety (seemingly failing).
    Last edited by RyanM1994; 08-08-19 at 10:44.

Hello Ryan,

Are you drinking plenty of water? Pretty much this very issue is what led me to this forum. I've noticed that when I'm anxious it can pop up and then I'll focus on it constantly which as everyone here knows only makes it worse. At least in a perceived way. Staying hydrated seems to help for me and of course trying not to focus on it. I know easier said then done. Nothing in your post sounds overly concerning and it sounds like your doctor agrees. I'd say stress/anxiety have a lot to do with this. Could have just been a simple irritation, that's all it takes and an already stressed mind can latch on and run with it so to speak. Good luck, I hope you get feeling better soon.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM1994 View Post
    trying to keep on top of my anxiety (seemingly failing).
    You can't keep on top of anxiety AND Google symptoms. It's not possible.

Thread Information