Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ovarian Cancer

Re: Ovarian Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Ok, well that’s your decision to make. What would you like from us?
    A little understanding and assurance in my meltdown. I know I'm not thinking straight or rationally. This is me freaking out. No one on hear every felt this way or had the same symptoms that turned out not to be cancer.

A huge number of people on here have felt as you are feeling and have turned out not to have cancer. You only need to glance at the HA board.

I replied to your thread the other day and suggested you see your doctor. Someone else in that thread gave you a link to a Canadian mental health service. I don't know anything about it but why not take a look and see if it might be a good place to start?

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    A little understanding and assurance in my meltdown. I know I'm not thinking straight or rationally. This is me freaking out. No one on hear every felt this way or had the same symptoms that turned out not to be cancer.
    I didn’t really have the same symptoms but I did have an ovarian cyst that was fast tracked as suspect. I had an mri, blood tests and 2 scans and my gynaecologist suspects it’s a cyst made up of debris from my emergency csection.

Almost the minute I was referred I had cramps every day for 2 months until I got the all clear. Then they pretty much disappeared.

So, I know you’re scared and I want to reassure you that it is very unlikely at your age and in perimenopause for you to have ovarian cancer. Because I read a lot about it and I kind of wish I didn’t.

But, I’m not a doctor, and you could do with some help even if it’s just for your anxiety x

Hi! I hope I can ease your fears a bit. I’ve had the same pains as you for two months straight. Really painful pelvic pain along with back pain (strangely enough more towards the right). You can take a look at my thread history as I had a similar thread last year in Jan. I’m sorry you’re going through this scare but I am sure it’s just a minor tweak in your system. Your body will heal itself and you will be better. It happens. I had an ultrasound for the pain and it didn’t show anything. The doc said that sometimes things like this can happen and there isn’t always a serious reason for it. It could very well be related to your perimenopause and fluctuating hormones

'
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 07-01-20 at 05:27.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information