Thread: Medication good or bad???

Medication good or bad???

I have spent upto 1000 pounds on specailist ect and sick of not being able to do the things i want to do (going out with friends and shopping etc).

today i went to see my doc and he said the only thing there is now is medication. To be honest i dont want to start them but its got to point now where i feel its the only way to get my life back on track.

He has put me on Paroxetine 20mg.

i just wanted everyones views on if medication is a good or a bad thing. Any info and experiences would be much appreciated. thank you

Re: Medication good or bad???

If this medication helps then it can only be a GOOD thing

I really don't think you ought to suffer just for the sake of not taking a tablet.

They really can help............honestly. Give em a go and see how you get on.

If they work< they work well so its worth a try

Joy

Hi

When i first started with Agorophobia, i wouldnt take meds. I finally plucked up the courage to take them 2 years later( i was housebound by then) and they did help, i think if i had taken them in the first instance i may have not have got as ill as i did.

I would give them a go, you have nothing to loose
    Love

Andrea
    xxx

Personally I hate them but everyone is different.

They never helped me so I have nothing positive to say.

The route of counselling and CBT was my way forward - oh and diet and exercise.

Whatever you choose is personal to you so you must try and see how it goes.

Good luck

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Meda were the only way for me but having said that counselling was a big help too.
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I hated the thought of them. Then went on them after trying various other methods and hitting rock bottom. It was my last resort.

They helped to level me out and give me chance to get into a position I could then start to improve (using other methods).

I would go back on them if I felt it was the best thing for me - knowing what I know I now.

depends on what you are suffering from?
    a minor dose of a tranx can calm the mind and stop all your racing thoughts and like someone said get on with things and get things done,.
    the seroxat you are on will probs not be so noticeable and will take 4 weeks maybes to feel effect,should help with your anticapatory anxiety and wont give you butterflys etc before events.

i wouldnt be without meds as robbie said "lifes to short to be afraid ,take a pill to numb the pain,you dont have to take the blame.....repeat till fade...

i have tried cbt ,councelling,etc etc and nothing can change your thoughts like a good dose of meds...stick in there u have nothing to lose,and dont worry about any side effects,they will pass in time,cant be any worse than the anxiety can it.

good luck

Thread Information