Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breast cancer worry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Breast cancer worry

Hi,
    I am a 36 year old lady who is overweight but is trying to do.something about it. 2 weeks ago I woke up to a sore armpit, shoulder, pain down the arm and what felt like pain between the collerbone and breast tissue.

I thought I slept awkwardly as our pillows got all mixed up ...... each time I move my shoulder in circular motions I can feel it clicking and when lifting my arm the pain goes up to my neck.

I saw the dr last about something completely different but mentioned and he said leave it a few weeks and if it hasn't got any better come back and they may run me for physiotherapy. Roll onto today and my mum looks at me alarming and said 'your collerbone area (meaning collerbone Nd breast tissue) looks really swollen.

Anxiety is through the roof as what does it.come up with straight away ..... BREAST CANCER!!! The anxiety has hit me soo hard I have been sick and am now very much panicking.

Re: Breast cancer worry

I've said it before but yet again I've logged on here and someone reports symptoms that I've had - but this the first where it's been symptoms someone close to me has had.

My mother was at the GP today for identical symptoms and dx with Rotator Cuff Tendonitis...

Certainly your symptoms sound very similar (identical in fact) to hers...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    I've said it before but yet again I've logged on here and someone reports symptoms that I've had - but this the first where it's been symptoms someone close to me has had.

My mother was at the GP today for identical symptoms and dx with Rotator Cuff Tendonitis...

Certainly your symptoms sound very similar (identical in fact) to hers...
    Oh wow!!! I have been on here many times and no-one has ever said they have or knew someone with identical symptoms - it is a comfort to know. It makes me feel physically sick at what Dr Google says. I hope mine is what your mum has and not what Dr G says x

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’ve recently been through something similar, plus (sorry for TMI) also a painful, burning nipple on one side. Had a mammogram and ultrasound and found it was completely benign, fibrocystic breast.

Then I began panicking about a swollen collarbone on the opposite side. I saw 3 different doctors who all told me it was a bit of tendonitis and advised me to rest it (one said specifically “go get a massage and a good night sleep”!).

Hope this helps you feel a bit more at ease!

Thank you. I have just had my friend come round who was telling me about her sister in law who had a scan on a poorly shoulder .... well I think you know where that is heading. As I have pain all down my arm and in my neck I really hope it is tendonitis

Oh no. Why oh why would your friend tell you this? :( Honestly pains like this are very often muscular. I often have similar pains

My breast its self doesn't really hurt its around the tissue and collerbone ... it does feel like a knot if that makes sense. Talking to you guys really helps me as I am soo frightened with health since having my children.

Chrysoprase, did you also have a painful breast? I have the same thing right now. A painful, tender and very sensitive right breast. My period is about to come in so my left breast is also tender but nowhere near as sensitive as the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Luja View Post
    Hi,
    I am a 36 year old lady who is overweight but is trying to do.something about it. 2 weeks ago I woke up to a sore armpit, shoulder, pain down the arm and what felt like pain between the collerbone and breast tissue.

I thought I slept awkwardly as our pillows got all mixed up ...... each time I move my shoulder in circular motions I can feel it clicking and when lifting my arm the pain goes up to my neck.

I saw the dr last about something completely different but mentioned and he said leave it a few weeks and if it hasn't got any better come back and they may run me for physiotherapy. Roll onto today and my mum looks at me alarming and said 'your collerbone area (meaning collerbone Nd breast tissue) looks really swollen.

Anxiety is through the roof as what does it.come up with straight away ..... BREAST CANCER!!! The anxiety has hit me soo hard I have been sick and am now very much panicking.

I have also also got this at the moment with breast pain too. Left side. I feel the middle of my chest hurts too. I’ve also got tmj disorder so I often have a sore neck, shoulder, chest and arm.

I find which ever breast I’m convinced I have cancer in, I get pain in that breast and shoulder etc, for a few months it was my right breast and I was having all the same symptoms, that’s gone and now it’s my left. Anxiety csusss huge amounts of physical pain too as I’ve learnt over the past few years.

As for your friend telling you that, it’s the last thing you want to hear if you have anxiety. I also have anxiety about wheels falling off the car and have done since I was about 5. My mum quite happily sat there recently and told me about her friends wheel falling off her car. Anxiety through the roof!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information