Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breast cancer worry

Re: Breast cancer worry

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    Chrysoprase, did you also have a painful breast? I have the same thing right now. A painful, tender and very sensitive right breast. My period is about to come in so my left breast is also tender but nowhere near as sensitive as the right.
    I did yes, and I still do actually, although the pain is more concentrated in the nipple for me due to the location of the cysts (one was causing a blocked duct, a strange experience for me having never had children!).

I’ve noticed the breast pain with the benign cysts gets more noticeable around my period but comes and goes pretty much always. Warm compresses help a lot!

It wasn’t noticeable a week ago unless if lay on that side. If an area in my right breast was pressed while lying down I would get this horrid burning pain for 15 to 30 seconds. Now the pain is worse because I am expecting my period in a few days. I will try the compress thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    It wasn’t noticeable a week ago unless if lay on that side. If an area in my right breast was pressed while lying down I would get this horrid burning pain for 15 to 30 seconds. Now the pain is worse because I am expecting my period in a few days. I will try the compress thanks!
    That sounds EXACTLY like mine when all this first started. I would be fine laying on my back, but if I rolled over so that my breast was “smushed” a bit it would feel like a tearing, searing hot pain that went away in less than a minute. The warm compresses help that symptom so so much.

That was actually what caused me to go get it all checked out, because it would wake me up at night when rolling onto my side.

My doc mentioned sports bras and bralettes can make that worse and suggested wearing more supportive bras when the pain is bad. She also mentioned some kinds of birth control can aggravate the issue.

Chrysoprase, I wish I could hug you! I’m so glad to hear that someone else has experienced a similar pain and it had turned out to be benign! I’m sorry you had to go through that. When did your pain go away? I bought two new wireless bras today and also got fitted. My bra size hasn’t changed but I’m hoping the wireless ones will bring some comfort

The pain eased up after about 3 weeks, although it still happens every now and then, usually after I’ve worn a tight bra all day. Went to the beach last week and had on a swimsuit top all day for a couple days, and it didn’t hurt a bit! I guess “the girls” appreciated a little freedom!

Ladies, can I ask do you have one breast bigger than the other??? Ainfe my anxiety flared up I think I have one bigger than the other .... it looks like not the right shape .... my partner (I know tmi) has said they look and feel the same as always and apparently he should know as he is my partner and he would tell me if something had changed.

Yep, one of mine is considerably larger than the other. Bodies aren't symmetrical.

I don’t think breasts are ever completely symmetrical. What you describe sounds like an incredibly minute difference. If your boyfriend can’t tell then the difference is not significant enough to be of concern

Agreed, mine are quite different in size and shape both, and those differences have changed as I've gotten older too.

Thanks, I think I have got myself in such a pickle.over everything. My arm constantly throws and I feel my right side of everything is swollen x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information