Thread: Bleeding after pelvic exam extremely worried

Bleeding after pelvic exam extremely worried

Hi I'm 22 yo and went to the gynaecologist on thurs morn as I was concerned about a cervical ectropion and wanted to check everything was ok. Doctor said my cervix looked healthy but had a tiny ectropion/blood vessel (can't remember which) I'm not sure what she did but she poked it with a cotton bud and then said I'd have black/grey discharge and period type pain after. I had that all day and it was ok but I've just woken up in the middle of the night and I'm spotting bright red blood. I'm freaking out is this normal? What should I do? 😢

Re: Bleeding after pelvic exam extremely worried

I wouldn't freak out, no. Pretty sure the defining characteristic of an ectropion is that it bleeds at the least provocation.

Have a cup of tea, try to relax, and if you can't put it out of your mind maybe call the surgery and ask for a call from the nurse or doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I wouldn't freak out, no. Pretty sure the defining characteristic of an ectropion is that it bleeds at the least provocation.

Have a cup of tea, try to relax, and if you can't put it out of your mind maybe call the surgery and ask for a call from the nurse or doctor?
    Thanks for replying. I understand but I thought she'd removed it (I was very stressed and worried during the apt so didn't really take much in!) I will definitely give the surgery a ring, hopefully somebody will be available.

Quick update, the bleeding seems a little heavier and it's almost like I'm having my period! Gave doctor a call but she said not to worry about it (I still am though)

Thread Information