Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Yes, I agree that stress is probably the cause of the mucus, and the food I'm eating is making it more noticeable/terrifying for me. This forum is wonderful, and I so appreciate the grounded, supportive comments I am receiving. My stress levels since joining (yesterday) have been noticeably reduced. My husband even remarked that I seem much more calm about everything, which I am! I'll let you all know what I learn on the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by J4min View Post
Hiya.

I just wanted to pop in and say a few words. I was having a really stressful time at work and thought I could see pinkish mucus too. In fact I became quite obsessive about it, to the extent I convinced myself it was something awful. It looked pink like it was bowel lining or something is the best way I can describe it, at the same time my poo was very yellowy brown with undigested food suggesting my transit time was rapid due to stress or maybe even some kind of virus, this has now returned to normal. I later had what I thought was blood in a bowel movement and went to GP. GP did fast track referral and had a sigmoidoscopy and consultant couldn't see anything, he referred for colonoscopy to be sure which I had yesterday, they found nothing, no piles or haemorrhoids, no polyps or worse. My consultant wasn't overly concerned about the mucus and said if it was bowel cancer there would be a lot of blood which gets worse or black tar stools. Don't underestimate the impact what you eat can have on stool colour as well. Red/purple berries are full of colour which can leach out of your poo, carrots and tomatoes too. I would say no harm in seeing doctor to rule anything out but my money is on the stress = mucus (I get it when I'm stressed) and food maybe colouring mucus. I'm not a doctor (although very good at diagnosing myself with all kinds of horrid things on Google) but the last month for me has been hell worrying about my bowels but I think that's half the problem with us HAs... My mum made a good point that I only noticed the mucus because I was obsessing about looking in the loo, any regular person would wipe and flush... How does a regular person become concerned about bowel cancer? Because there is a noticeable large amount of blood in toilet or in poo. Sorry I'm rambling as still kinda under influence of sedative but wanted you just to try to relax, try not to focus on what's in the pan too much, it'll only make things worse like it did with me.